Drivers bank not firing

fordracing2105

Reaction score
Well I searched and searched and tested I'm running out of info. So I found this site and joined to ask u guys some questions.
Truck is a 97 7.3 that is not firing at all on the driver side. I drove it about 100 miles one day left it sit till the next weekend and as soon as I started it it was clearly on running on 4 cyl. I have checked and replaced the uvch gasket with one I had. I checked ohms on those injectors all came back at 2.6 to 2.8. Checked continuity from from uvch connector to idm plug. Connectors at uvch don't look burned or bad. I picked up a used idm that was suppose to be from a running wrecked truck but I don't know that for a fact. I took my chip out to see if that was a problem. Pulled some codes it had 4 but I can only remember 2 of them the other got booted out of my computers memory. The are
P0276 cyl 6 injector circuit low dtc
P0206 open circuit #6 injector
That the other two had something todo with high low. I have to pick up the scanner to double check those.
Also the check engine light is only on when truck is running it's not on with just the key.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Well just a crap shot but maybe #6 Injector is fried, causing a short, therefore shutting down that bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fordracing2105

Reaction score
I'll try and check for continuity between glow plugs and injector wires.

I also unplugged both plugs at the uvch with no change.

fordracing2105

Reaction score
York pa

The only other idm I could get would be from a 99 if he would let me.

fordracing2105

Reaction score
I've got my factory one sitting in my back seat but you're about 120 miles away and its out of an 02.

Thanks but that is alittle more than I want to drive. I'll see if my buddy will let me pull his to try. If not I'll send out one that I have to have tested. I plan on pulling the other codes tomorrow. It doesn't seam like it would be the number 6 injector. When I unplugged the harness for 6 and 8 2and 4 didn't come back.

79jasper

Reaction score
I think they're basically all the same. So you can swap with any year.
I know the pcm wiring changed, but I don't think the idm did.

fordracing2105

Reaction score
Now I'm really puzzled. I went out this morning to try and start the truck again with the second idm and it wouldn't even start. I switched my original back in to see if I could get it started on just the passenger side and the truck started and ran fine. I erased the original codes and ran the engine running test with scanner again everything was fine.

fordracing2105

Reaction score
Could have been just the connection to the idm.

Yeah I'm not really sure. I have a feeling it's going to come back I had it plugged and on plugged several times.

old man dave

Reaction score
If you decide to test IDMs, put your suspect IDM into the working truck, there may be a condition in your truck that may fry a substitute IDM. That would make your friend unhappy.

Latest posts

Members online