Exhaust

pstroke75

Reaction score
I'm planning on taking the muffler and tailpipe off of my 97 7.3 and putting a turn down where the muffler was and gut the cat.
Has anyone here done this? If so, how does it sound?

superpsd

Reaction score
Not too loud. I ran straight piped for years but finally went with a straight thru muffler. Buy a downpipe as the downpipe is the most restrictive area of the exhaust. They do not cost much.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Definitely down pipe and cat d leet pipe then you can just put a straight pipe between where you cut the muffler out. I have 3.5 from the down pipe back to 5 inch and it sounds real good not annoying at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Can get diamond eye 3-4 inch downpipe with 4 inch out the back on amazon for $300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Can get diamond eye 3-4 inch downpipe with 4 inch out the back on amazon for $300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
amazon is a vendor here? please refrain from taking business from our vendors that would prolly get you a better deal anyway!

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
amazon is a vendor here? please refrain from taking business from our vendors that would prolly get you a better deal anyway!

live life full throttle

The better deal is the truth. Not everything on Amazon is the best price. On most transactions Amazon is just the middle man that gets it's cut. More performace parts are purchased thru the typical vendors. Going straight to the vendor saves a few bucks.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Sometimes the crazy shipping is the deciding factor in where people purchase from. Most stuff on amazon/eBay is free shipping. If the vendors offered free shipping to members I'm sure more people would purchase from them.

sootie

Reaction score
Sometimes the crazy shipping is the deciding factor in where people purchase from. Most stuff on amazon/eBay is free shipping. If the vendors offered free shipping to members I'm sure more people would purchase from them.

and then ppl would bitch about the cost of the part...

pdumont01

Reaction score
I'd rather pay for good parts than get chitty ones and have a problem. I firmly believe you get what u pay for.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

most vendors do have free shipping for over 200 spent...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online