Rubbing Elbows with the 6.0L! Mishimoto Powerstroke Intake Elbow R&D!

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Nice work! I'll add these to the website soon

Thanks!

I will get my order in closer to the end of the month.

Great, thanks JMart!

What kinda gains did you guys see with this?

You gain 2 threaded ports and a nicer look under the hood.

What kinda stuff are those ports used for?
Sorry I'm very new to diesel.

nitrous or water/meth

Thanks for answering these questions JMart! We did not perform any testing in terms of power output as we do not expect any bolt-on gains. Our elbow should indeed outflow the stock unit, which may produce gains on high powered trucks. The primary benefit is the additional ports for sensors, nitrous, meth, water, etc. and the improved aesthetics.

Thanks!
-John

Mishimoto

Reaction score
One final update on this project!

Rubbing Elbows with the 6.0L! Mishmoto Powerstroke Intake Elbow R&D, Part 3: Final Product

We have quite a bit going on with this project! Our discounted pre-sale has launched, and we are currently accepting orders. In addition, our final prototype elbows arrived and have been test fitted to ensure appropriate fitment. Without further delay, let’s take a look at our finished intake elbows.

Final Product Images

First, a lineup of the stock elbow next to our three finish options.

2j1n8t4.jpg

Stock 6.0 intake elbow (left) and three Mishimoto intake elbows, final prototypes

2zylyz8.jpg

Stock 6.0 intake elbow (left) and Mishimoto intake elbows

And check out a few images of each finish option!

2mrgojd.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 Powerstroke intake elbow, polished

281zud3.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 Powerstroke intake elbow, powder-coated wrinkle black

sghoa8.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 Powerstroke intake elbow, powder-coated wrinkle blue

Here’s a look at the mounting flange.

29vlcw5.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 intake-elbow mounting flange and seal

Notice the various inclusions in our kit. We aren’t simply throwing the elbow in a box and shipping it out. Our kit includes all the items below.

• New mounting hardware
  • O-ring seal
  • Intake elbow boot
  • Two constant-tension T-bolt clamps

Installed Shots

We needed one more test fit to ensure that our final product slides into place perfectly. We selected the powder-coated blue elbow for this purpose. Check out a couple shots of this component in the engine bay of our shop truck!

2d6mn4p.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 Powerstroke intake elbow installed

2w7lkt3.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 intake elbow installed

10rrak4.jpg

Mishimoto 6.0 intake elbow installed

Pre-Sale Information

Keep in mind that we do have a live pre-sale for this kit, offering a steep discount for our first batch of units. Current pricing is $169.95, and this deal will be available through our estimated ship date, October 7.

Pre-Sale Link

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
-John

shmoozer

Reaction score
Saw the presale the other day and placed my order for this and your billet t-stat housing as well. Can't wait for ship date!

-KCCO-

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Saw the presale the other day and placed my order for this and your billet t-stat housing as well. Can't wait for ship date!

-KCCO-

Awesome, thank you very much for the order! Looking forward to your feedback.:toast:

-John

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Got mine ordered up as well.

Thank you very much for the order!

Quick update for those who purchased through our pre-sale! We are experiencing minor delays with this kit. Our initial estimate had these shipping around 10/7. Our new estimated ship date will be 10/16, which is the end of next week. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks again for all of the orders guys!

-John

shmoozer

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! No inconvenience for me, not like I was in dire need of it. Just cant pass up the opportunity to get a good new product at a discounted price lol

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Did these ship? Just curious.

Unfortunately not, we ran into one additional delay with these. The good news is they are finally at our warehouse for packaging. We will be working on putting the kits together today. Optimistically the kits will ship out tomorrow, realistically it will likely be Monday.

Sorry for the delay guys!

-John

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Thanks again for all of the orders guys. We look forward to any additional feedback for those who joined our discounted pre-sale. As of last week, all of our pre-sale orders have shipped out. For those who would like to pick up a kit, be sure to check with our vendors. Full product information can be found at the link below!

96drhy.jpg

Feel free to follow-up with any questions!

-John

shmoozer

Reaction score
I talked with you guys via PM not too long ago. Just wanted to drop in and let you know that the new elbow has been on the truck for about a week now and everything is working great. Love your products!

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I talked with you guys via PM not too long ago. Just wanted to drop in and let you know that the new elbow has been on the truck for about a week now and everything is working great. Love your products!

Great to hear! Thanks for the order and the feedback.

-John

jwlandry

Reaction score
Mines been on awhile also. It was a pain to put on since I have the plastic intercooler pipe. Other then that it's working perfectly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.