New setup (going single turbo)

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
Have you been successful yet at getting a new trans tune? I've been waiting for a week for a response back with hopefully a new trans tune.

Honestly I haven't even tried to get new ones yet still just waiting on a converter to see if that helps.

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while been pretty busy at work, but wanted to give a little update. In June I took the truck to the track on a stock stall converter ended up going 11.7 at 119. Finally got the new quad disc from Phil put in and went to the track yesterday and had no lock up at wot, but it locks fine under normal driving conditions on the street. Really at a loss on if it's tuning or the converter itself. So that's where I'm at now if anybody has any idea on how to fix it that'd be great. Gonna try calling gh on Monday and see what he says.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in a while been pretty busy at work, but wanted to give a little update. In June I took the truck to the track on a stock stall converter ended up going 11.7 at 119. Finally got the new quad disc from Phil put in and went to the track yesterday and had no lock up at wot, but it locks fine under normal driving conditions on the street. Really at a loss on if it's tuning or the converter itself. So that's where I'm at now if anybody has any idea on how to fix it that'd be great. Gonna try calling gh on Monday and see what he says.
Did you change the tune?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
I didn't think I would of needed to with just a stall change but it's almost like its stalling way to much and throwing off rpm and speed for lock up

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score

Looks like a good run, what's the current set up?

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
I'm betting it's the converter. It was locking up with the old one right?

Yeah it was locking with the old one but I don't think I'm turning enough rpms to get out of the stall that this one has. So as I ease down on it it just keeps stalling instead of putting the power down

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what the stall is, when lockup is commanded it should lockup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk