Low temperature 6.4 thermostats

Mike_D

Reaction score
Anybody running a set of the Mishimoto low temp thermostats in their 6.4? If so, what kind of ECT temps are you seeing during 90-100 degree ambient days?

I am thinking about ordering a set to drop in before the heat hits. This is my first summer with the 6.4 and I am already seeing temps around 200* ECT just cruising unloaded. Coming from my 6.0 and Duramax days, I am so used to 190* solid.. Just seems pretty warm being empty.

Thanks for the input

Mike_D

Reaction score
I just ordered a set on Amazon, should be here Friday for a weekend install. Hoping to keeps temps under 200 while unloaded.

I know these newer engines like heat, but the 190* area seems warm enough from what I understand.

Mike_D

Reaction score
Got them in last night. Awesome quality in comparison to the motorcraft stats I had in there.

As for temps-
Idle fully warmed up is 188
Cruising on the highway is 190-192
Decent hard throttle getting on the freeway is 196 and drops right down
These are with 102* ambient temps.

Will report back with towing temps when I get a load hooked. But so far, I'm thrilled with the new coolant temps!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Guys they work awesome. Just did some in a customers. You should see 190ish. That's where his sits all the time now. He was impressed.

Last edited:

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
I rebuilt my motor last summer and just put stock thermostats in at the time. I see 192-194* all day long. That being said, I don't have the ambient temps you have. The best I can compare to is about 90*. I'm thinking you have other issues if it runs 200*+ empty.

Mike_D

Reaction score
I would think that if I had other issues, I would still see high temps with the new mishimoto thermostats.

The motorcrafts I pulled out had 197* and 205* on them.. Thinking that explains my 200* unloaded.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
188 coolant temps and 194 oil is highest I've seen even pulling a boat. In city. Unhooked it drops way down to like 170 coolant.

capt dong

Reaction score
195-197 ect and deltas of 4-10 on the eot prior to my leveling kit cruising at 2k rpm. After the level its 199 ect with 8-12 degree deltas. My system is healthy because the temps come way down at lower rpm or idle. I just want to run a little cooler cruising at higher rpm. Hopefully get around to it in the near future.

Latest posts

Members online