MIDWEST DIESEL DUEL FUELER REVIEW

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
First and foremost I would like to say thanks to Morgan for working so closely with me thoughout all my issues with all the leaking fuel pumps. Morgans willingness to help made me switch from another companies duel fueler setup to the Midwest Diesel duel fueler. Today I have had the Midwest Duel Fueler kit on my truck for about a month and have nothing but good things to say about it.

In the past there has been some issues with harmonics in the high pressure fuel lines in some of the duel fueler kits and I have yet to have any with the Midwest kit. I also put on the Midwest ported fuel rails on at the same time I did the duel fueler kit and to date have had no surging or harmonics of any sort. The system works perfectly together.

The Midwest kit simply makes working on the truck a breeze. Pump can be off the truck and on a bench in literally five minutes. The valve covers can be removed and injectors accessed without taking any part of the duel fueler kit apart. The high pressure lines run in the valley of the engine bay and are out of the way. The kit was very well thought out and installation was in my opinion the easiest out there applying to the 6.4l duel fueler kits being made to date. The factory alternator is retained and the second fuel pump runs on a pulley which makes the pump run 1:1 with the HPFP in the valley factory location. The pumps work in tandom with each other so one pump will not be taxed with more than the other, resulting in a reliable setup.

Below you will find several pictures of the installation as well as the finished product.

The pump bracket is solid and VERY simple.
image18_zpsf1fd00fa.jpg

One of the nice things about this kit is the routing of the high pressure lines. They are clear of the valve covers and make nozzle swaps much easier.
image13_zps702b6a2a.jpg

This is the stand bar that needs to be removed. Make the first cut closest to the fan shroud and then remove the small piece of plastic. Then you can get a socket in the remaining piece and remove the bolt that goes into the intake manifold.
image12_zpsd55612f2.jpg

Here you can see the stand bar removed.
image17_zps896efe2d.jpg

Here is the battery box and that had to be cut. You only have to cut a little bit of the battery box where the pulley comes into contact with it. In this picture you can see that I went overboard with the sawzaw a little bit. :shrug: Only about a 2'' piece needs to be removed for clearance. With the amount that even I cut out of the battery box, it is still very strong and still retains the factory battery hold down clamp perfectly.
image19_zps7ea43ec7.jpg

image3_zpsabbf0d00.jpg

The No Limit Cold air intake was heated up and rolled using a piece or pipe to get a nice even bend.
image11_zps81567d22.jpg

The a/c line does need to be held out of the way from the pulley. This is just a mock up picture here as seen with the zip ties. I filed a spot in the side of the battery box with a half round file and the line fit pretty well into that. The zip ties were replaced with stainless tie wire and clamps.
image14_zps19300656.jpg

image_zpsdd02d167.jpg

IMG]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/08BIGRIG/image20_zpsfdbfd66d.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]
image5_zpsc397f86e.jpg

Finished product!!
image6_zps83d979a0.jpg

Last edited:

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Looks good Jerry. Nice pics and good write up. Cant wait till I get my kit on my truck as well. Oh and Morgan's customer service is amazing, second to none.

Note 3

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Looks good Jerry. Nice pics and good write up. Cant wait till I get my kit on my truck as well. Oh and Morgan's customer service is amazing, second to none.

Note 3

If you have any questions about the install feel free to ask. I am always willing to help if I can.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I must say after switching to Morgans kit, all my fueling issues went away. Couldn't ask for a better setup. Nice and simple. Keep up the good work Morgan!!

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Hay you bet. This kit makes install a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

RSK

Reaction score
Will have my kit tomorrow can't wait to get it installed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

take pictures every step of the way, I'm thinking about doing this with my buddies help, it seems pretty easy...

Latest posts

Members online