Cold air intakes?

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Eh I disagree. Stock turbo I had an S&B and switched to no limit and it was well worth the money in my opinion. Throttle response and low end drastically changed in my case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f350guy

Reaction score
Looking to purchase an intake soon. I had been looking at the no limit setup but I was cruising Craigslist tonight and found a afe stage 2 setup for a 100 bucks. Is it worth buying or should I saving my money and buy the no limit setup?

http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...htype=engine&engineid=5&groupid=F1&brandID=53

It will work decent IF you install a larger filter...but that is another $70-100 into it (I have an S&B filter on mine come to think of it). Well, at least for me with the AFE 54-11262.

This kit -
54-11262_400.jpg

I used to suck the minder in on my vehicle with the stock AFE assembly on 'street' and 'hot street'. Also the much larger filter allows the turbochargers to sing now. Before they were fairly muted.

Offer the guy $50 for it on CL, maybe meet him in middle at $75. $100 tops for another filter, you have a nice flowing setup on the cheap. It will not work with a larger atmosphere, but cross that bridge if/why you get there.

sootie

Reaction score
Get a no limit. Period...

All this talk about filter size means jack all when you measure the plastic elbow on the afe right before the turbo.

patricku47

Reaction score
The answer to every air intake question will always be No Limit! The AFE may work, but the NL will work better.....

cbking

Reaction score
Damn it guys. He'll take 75 for the intake but it sounds like I am better off just saving it for a no limit set up.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn it guys. He'll take 75 for the intake but it sounds like I am better off just saving it for a no limit set up.

since we're already buddies, i'll hook you up. i promise its worth your while.

wackyman9

Reaction score
I just dug head first into intake research for these puppies, and everything I read pointed to no limit. Everyone with any kind of experience for making power on these suggested and highly recommended no limit... I would take the hook up ^^^

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I just dug head first into intake research for these puppies, and everything I read pointed to no limit. Everyone with any kind of experience for making power on these suggested and highly recommended no limit... I would take the hook up ^^^

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

well said and thank you. these weren't born to be a big seller , they were born because ALL of us O.G. power makers were sucking in the filter minder with s&b and AFE . i made it with help from other members here for my own truck and it just became a thing. it flat works, and looks great to boot !

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I second that Mike. Wouldn't install anything else on my customers trucks. I can't tell you how many new s&b or afes I've replaced after a buddy showing another buddy his new no limit! And the sound!

My09Ride

Reaction score
I'm running S+++tan 210 TP tune, and still running stock Air Filter. Should that little tune be pulling the minder in. Or is there something else it could be. I do not run the truck hard!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm running S+++tan 210 TP tune, and still running stock Air Filter. Should that little tune be pulling the minder in. Or is there something else it could be. I do not run the truck hard!

Quite easy to pull the minder in with the 210. Don't kill your turbos .

getstroked27

Reaction score
You will not be disappointed mah dude! Wouldn't trust any other air sucky tubes but No Limit!!

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Members online