Shafer171

Reaction score
Ok so motor is out and at the shop here is a quick list of all that went wrong

Two cracked Pistons 2 and 8 8 also had a broken ring
Heads had multiple cracks around Valve seats when magnafluxed
Spun rod bearings on 2 and 8
Hpfp had metal in it
Turbo seals shot

I drive a company truck for work 6 days a week so for the most part my truck sits. My wife drives it more than me. So this is the plan

New international coated hd Pistons .30 over
Light grind on the crank just to clean it up or a new crank
New heads
Billet pushrods
Stage 1 springs
Stock lifters
Stock rods
Reman ford k16
Ported intake
6.0 manifolds with custom up pipes and wg
No limits pipes
Alradco intercooler and radiator
No limit intake
No limit ccv

Shafer171

Reaction score
I'm in decided on turbo right now, I would like to do tow powers but don't think it will gain much on stock fuel?

btoler4th

Reaction score
I'm in decided on turbo right now, I would like to do tow powers but don't think it will gain much on stock fuel?

I've ran both tow powers, and tow powers plus. Work perfect on stock fuel, and both spool quite well. They pull awesome on the highway, and I had no complaints. Also , with a No Limit intake- they sound awesome. Down the road get you another k16 and some bigger nozzles and she'll really come alive.

sootie

Reaction score
thats pretty much the identical build i did. i would recommend putting a 59mm high pressure turbo on there and your choice of atmo 71-76mm. You will not be disappointed at all. on a big race tune, you will see a clean 650+ HP that spools near instantly. Should you decide to add nozzles and dual fuelers down the road, you could be breaking 800 with a 75mm or bigger atmo. And it will drive like a stock truck until you floor it...

Black AOD

Reaction score
thats pretty much the identical build i did. i would recommend putting a 59mm high pressure turbo on there and your choice of atmo 71-76mm. You will not be disappointed at all. on a big race tune, you will see a clean 650+ HP that spools near instantly. Should you decide to add nozzles and dual fuelers down the road, you could be breaking 800 with a 75mm or bigger atmo. And it will drive like a stock truck until you floor it...

To add to Ron's post, my stock fuel Tow Power Plus 6.4 did a little over 650 hp....ran awesome. I have a friend with Jr. High Powers (76/59 work stock) and Dual Fuel with 60's and he did 820 rwhp.....so Ron's post is spot on basically.

OP, I would suggest a set of upgraded HD lifters...Elite and Side action both sell them....Also, I would suggest a Mishi V2 Radiator over the alradco. Mishi's new V2 has rubber isolators to help absorb the frame twist the kill rads on these trucks. They seem to be holding up well so far.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i run tow power plus 59/72 on my shop truck, makes 650 , runs great. let me know if you want a price !

Shafer171

Reaction score
To add to Ron's post, my stock fuel Tow Power Plus 6.4 did a little over 650 hp....ran awesome. I have a friend with Jr. High Powers (76/59 work stock) and Dual Fuel with 60's and he did 820 rwhp.....so Ron's post is spot on basically.

OP, I would suggest a set of upgraded HD lifters...Elite and Side action both sell them....Also, I would suggest a Mishi V2 Radiator over the alradco. Mishi's new V2 has rubber isolators to help absorb the frame twist the kill rads on these trucks. They seem to be holding up well so far.

The hd lifters are on the build list I just forgot them above. I'm still on the fence on the rad it will be one of the two, I've heard of problems with both.

Black AOD

Reaction score
The hd lifters are on the build list I just forgot them above. I'm still on the fence on the rad it will be one of the two, I've heard of problems with both.
The problems with the Mishi are back on the original V1 versions. The new V2s are a lot better.

My Alradco lasted 8 months. The replacement unit was never leak tested ever and pissed coolant 2 feet out the front the first day it was installed. Not impressed.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Shafer171

Reaction score
I read that in your build thread it had to suck. Are you running the mishimoto intercooler as well?

Shafer171

Reaction score
This is the truck now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 149

Spectre32

Reaction score
Good luck with the whole "new heads" idea. As I understand it is no easy task to try and get a set that isn't already out of spec.

Shafer171

Reaction score
While the engine is in the shop getting all the machine work done I've been looking into the other parts of the build. I know I def want a wg and am leaning towards the tial 44 that Morgan sells with a set of the rcd 6.0 up pipes, I already have a set of 6.0 manifolds from my old truck that I've been holding onto for this build. Any of you guys have a set up similar to this? Also want to give a big thank you to Mike at no limit he's been a huge help and will be supplying a lot of my parts.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
While the engine is in the shop getting all the machine work done I've been looking into the other parts of the build. I know I def want a wg and am leaning towards the tial 44 that Morgan sells with a set of the rcd 6.0 up pipes, I already have a set of 6.0 manifolds from my old truck that I've been holding onto for this build. Any of you guys have a set up similar to this? Also want to give a big thank you to Mike at no limit he's been a huge help and will be supplying a lot of my parts.

i ran the RCD manifolds and they were nice, i have heard of people having warping issues. we 've been selling more of the BD cast manifolds with up pipes and just cutting in a wastegate provision . it just depends how you wanna plumb it, to atmosphere or downpipe .

Shafer171

Reaction score
I would do the bd manifolds but I just can't see letting these 6.0 manifolds I've been holding onto for five years go to waste lol

Black AOD

Reaction score
I would do the bd manifolds but I just can't see letting these 6.0 manifolds I've been holding onto for five years go to waste lol

There's nothing wrong with 6.0 Manifolds. You can even port them a little and flow a little more air if you want. I'd rock those and get a set of SS up pipes from RCD and be done. Better than shelling out a couple hundred more for another set of Manifolds.

BD Manifolds are nice hut they are HUGE and bulky. Get's tight routing things around them. Mine on my motor are below along with the RCD Up pipes I did and you can see my first gate on there....

http://s32.postimg.org/dlxtg1fyd/0217161035.jpg

http://s31.postimg.org/qaif1c10r/16596.jpg