4wd launch-Reduced power after engine oil level to high code?

Klutch

Reaction score
My truck has IDP tunes, different turbo setup, Industrial hpfp.

Truck runs great other than it will throw the engine oil too high code and reduce power after I do a hard 4wd launch. Anyone run into this and find a solution? I've reloaded the tune and still happens. Any help is appreciated!!

Thx, Cole.

Klutch

Reaction score
Ya the oil level is good.

Turbos drain into the top of the engine in the valley.

Never throw a code unless I launch it hard. Kinda lost on this one. What sensor tells the ecu the oil level would be high?

6.4f350

Reaction score
Sounds like all the oil is getting sloshed to the back of the pan on a launch. Not sure what sensor would throw that code unless the newer trucks have an oil level sensor. My 08 doesn't, or at least I don't recall seeing one when the motor was out and torn apart.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
To set that code the pcm monitors rpm change during crank rotation. Kinda like its doing a relative compression test while its running. Does the truck run kinda rough after a hard launch? Does the code set during yhe launch or after?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Is it this code?

The new 3.02 6.4L tune release will be available late next week and have the following upgrades:

1. New Xtreme X program. Built for racing/pulling, etc.

2. Revised Xtreme Race and Xtreme Street for excellent drivability.

3. New shifting program for large turbo trucks or those who like the delayed 4th and 5th gear lockup with more aggressive downshifting. Great daily driver shifting with quick shifts, but not aburpt.

4. Fix for P252F Oil Overfill and Overboost codes with the latest Ford flash.

It's a free update for those running 3.01.

All of these programs are available via email. Emailed tunes have a charge associated with them, they are discounted if you have already have our tuning.

Thanks!

Klutch

Reaction score
To set that code the pcm monitors rpm change during crank rotation. Kinda like its doing a relative compression test while its running. Does the truck run kinda rough after a hard launch? Does the code set during yhe launch or after?

Doesn't run rough, just reduced power. The code sets during launch, around 70mph.

Klutch

Reaction score
Is it this code?

Quote:

Originally Posted by **********Diesel View Post

The new 3.02 6.4L tune release will be available late next week and have the following upgrades:

3. New shifting program for large turbo trucks or those who like the delayed 4th and 5th gear lockup with more aggressive downshifting. Great daily driver shifting with quick shifts, but not aburpt.

All of these programs are available via email. Emailed tunes have a charge associated with them, they are discounted if you have already have our tuning.

Thanks!

Yep! That's the code. Looks like their update might be what I need. But are they even offering it anymore? Looks like they only do emission compliant tuning now.

If not, who else could I use for tuning. I have been out of the diesel world for a few years.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Is it this code?

Quote:

Originally Posted by **********Diesel View Post

Thanks!

Yep! That's the code. Looks like their update might be what I need. But are they even offering it anymore? Looks like they only do emission compliant tuning now.

If not, who else could I use for tuning. I have been out of the diesel world for a few years.
Yep. I had this problem. Powerstroke man 6.4 helped me out on this a couple years ago. I brought my truck to Eric and he updated my tunes. He also had me put my truck back to stock and flashed it with an older stock file before reflashing with his tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Lipka101

Reaction score
I run gearh3ad tuning now..... if you have an off road tuning device you will be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online