What's up with Elite Diesel?

joe d

Reaction score
The whole thing seems fishy i dont know anyone that would spend 6000-1000$ and not even break a swet over hearing nothing for six weeks. A few hers after this thread was made wam bam thank you mam he or she gets a phone call? Dont buy it.

beaslyb

Reaction score
My first post on here, been watching for a while, ******* tech forum kinda died so I joined. This thread and the update thread made me do it. I won't buy any trans parts from Elite again unless Suncoast goes out of business, I'm not unhappy with the quality but the customer service I got a year and a half ago did me in. I ordered about 3k worth of stuff from them and it took me 2 weeks after I got pretty crappy to speak with Tadd about clutch pack clearances. I rebuilt my own trans and the truck was just sitting there until I finally was able to talk to him. I've suggested to some buddy's to call Suncoast. I called them and they answered my questions right away. I'm not downing Elites products but their customer service yes.

Last edited:

1FastGambler

Reaction score
I agree it was very odd that I didn't get a call back until a few hours after I posted the question on here and I finally get a phone call that it shipped today..

One things for certain... I'm very happy that it finally shipped!

Made me wonder if someone close to them saw this and called one of their cell phones or if it was simply a coincidence.

Customer service is extremely important, but so is a high quality product. Aside from this long delay with my transmission, their customer service has been fairly good. I Hope that the quality is what others claim.

My take away from this is Elite needs to communicate better with their customers if they plan to continue selling direct to consumers.

I just purchased over $12k in parts, more than half of that was from Elite. Rudy's and No Limit were the other vendors. Neither Elite or Rudy's had great customer service, but I'll also say that neither was bad either. No Limit was very good. I think maybe I just got caught with bad timing of Tadd getting sick and other issues that can affect a small business when the key people aren't able to be there. Tamara was very polite when she called me back today and I plan to move forward with no hard feelings.

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online