Shafer171

Reaction score
I have a couple pics I took Sunday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 151
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if the K16 was leaking into the crankcase and then it melted a hole in a piston and created the pan removal scenario. No idea, honestly. Just thinking out of the box.

btoler4th

Reaction score
How many miles on your rig? Trying to get an idea on the k16 life span. Above post about it possibly leaking has my nerves slightly shot. ( just did a full build, and reused my pump).

Shafer171

Reaction score
I've never really messed with the fuel system on these trucks where should I start digging in to it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 108

Shafer171

Reaction score
Sorry I meant the pump itself what should I be looking for, should I pull the covers and start looking at the internals?

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
You wanna look for metal in the system which will be difficult now that the injector lines are off...you could look in the supply ports on top of the pump with a flashlight and if you see a lot of "glitter" that's metal...which means the pump is goin bad

Shafer171

Reaction score
Got it pulled today and got the pan off f it, it was a pia getting that mangled pan out of there! Lots of metal shavings floating around in the pan. The dent in the bottom f the pan is from me jacking it back up with a floor jack to get it off the cross member.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Members online