Reaction score
Whats the 72/59 combo run these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Last edited:

f350guy

Reaction score
What sort of EGT drops are you guys seeing with just the atmosphere upgrade?

My street tune peaks around 1250°F which I like, but the hot street tune hits about 1550°F which worries me about the thermal shock of the stock pistons. Any major concern of the increased cylinder pressure if I still run head bolts?

sootie

Reaction score
What sort of EGT drops are you guys seeing with just the atmosphere upgrade?

My street tune peaks around 1250°F which I like, but the hot street tune hits about 1550°F which worries me about the thermal shock of the stock pistons. Any major concern of the increased cylinder pressure if I still run head bolts?

you will need studs. with just an atmo upgrade and GH race tune i struggled to break 1500. was typically in the 1465 range. When i did the atmo and hp charger, ported intake manifold, no limit intake and piping i could barely break 1365.

f350guy

Reaction score
Good to know!

Perhaps I will look at a better intercooler and BD manifolds to drop EGTs, until then I will just keep dorking around on the street tune. Not really interested in the out of control spiral that always seems to occur with studs. :)

sootie

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste money on an intercooler personally. mine lasted fine at 650+ HP. studs arent scary if they are done right. Morgan @ Midwest Diesel can help you out with and manifold and the correct tq sequence for studs.

Jbird

Reaction score
What egts like on the small singles like a 366? Better or worse the drop in atmo?

6.4powerstroke!

Reaction score
What egts like on the small singles like a 366? Better or worse the drop in atmo?

I've got a s366 and it seems better at WOT (stays under 1300 on Cale's street tune) and cruising speed (750 or so), but will get hotter lugging up a hill in overdrive or average acceleration. Still never gets hot enough to cause damage and performs good to me.

Latest posts

Members online