What's up with Elite Diesel?

1FastGambler

Reaction score
If anyone on here has purchased a transmission from Elite, how long did it take them to ship it to you?

Today is 6 weeks since they charged my CC, including the core charge and I still don't have it....and can't get ahold of them...

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Friend, sit back and wait. Only worthy advice that I can give.

As much as I hesitated to believe the "waiting rumors" during my own build, especially with other companies selling comparable systems and pieces, the forum members were correct in the end. Although it does suck and I particularly do not care for how long the customers are forced to wait, the frustration and time spent waiting are totally worth it once that knock on your door comes.

Last edited:

Black AOD

Reaction score
If anyone on here has purchased a transmission from Elite, how long did it take them to ship it to you?

Today is 6 weeks since they charged my CC, including the core charge and I still don't have it....and can't get ahold of them...

Tadd is Fast 6.0 on here, PM him. Owner of Elite. Elite doesnt do anything quickly usually but their end product has always been good for me.

Your wait should be worth it. His Trans' are quite the piece.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
nobody should be frustrated with a purchase.

Yeah, well, some people were frustrated... Like I said, it was all worth it in the end.

(I am sure that you already know this but Tamara, who answers if you press "0" when calling the shop, has acted as a liaison between Tadd and I during my build).

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
OP why not get a full refund (good luck) and order a trans from Morgan at Midwest Diesel.

You won't beat the customer service and the trans can really take a thrashing...

joe d

Reaction score
All im saying is six weeks ig i was not told this time frame up front i would be meeting someone face to face if they had several thousand dollars of mine and would not return my call.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Joe D- In the meantime, call the shop and ask for Tamara so that you can get some information at least... If all else fails, then call the CC company, cancel and take the words of wisdom that sootie has for you :)

Notneb

Reaction score
x2 about customer service with Morgan@Midwest, not sure how he gets any work done seeing as much time as he spends on the phone/forums helping customers.

joe d

Reaction score
Yes but anyone that runs any type of shop or business for that matter will agree that if something is going to take 6 weeks or more that is something im telling my customer. Id rather spend 1000$ more and have amazing customer service then have none at all... Customer service is a big make it or break it deal for me no matter how good your product is... Ig i cant get ahold of you for an issue then what good does my new 6000-8000$$ paper weight do me? Thats all im not knocking anyone or anything.. Just to me you had no issues takeing my money and talking to me but now you wont return my calls or answer the phone... No not cool

Last edited:

1FastGambler

Reaction score
I have met Tadd & Tamara at their shop and they were both very polite and nice to talk to.

I was just curious if this was normal or if maybe someone knew something.

Tadd was out sick for a couple weeks and I know that put them behind, but 6 weeks is a very long time, especially when Tadd told me he might be able to have it done by 04/26 so I could pick it up and save the shipping when I was passing thru Alamosa.

I have had serious thoughts about asking for a credit and reordering from someone else.

I have a new 72mm atmo, head studs, pushrods, DPC converter, etc all waiting to go in After I have the tranny on hand. I'm pulling the cab to do it all at once to make things easier.

Because of this delay, I'm out core charges on both the trans and turbo while Elite takes their own sweet time.

I'm not sure what to do... I am annoyed because there was nothing said to me that would indicate it could take this long or else I would have ordered the trans first, then ordered the rest of the parts, rather than ordering everything at once.

joe d

Reaction score
I would get a refund immediately if nothing was said to me at all about a lonngggg ass timeframe then be told it could be done at this said time no thanks. Id want it all back.

David N

Reaction score
If it took 6 weeks to get it originally, just think of how long it will take to get it back if any problems ever arise and you have to send it back...

Support after a purchase like a trans is worth a lot of money to me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.