CCV reroute

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
Looking to to the CCV reroute on my 08 6.4. Just want to dump it to the rear of the truck. Not interested in the catch can or any fancy kit. Looking to make my own. What are all the things im gonna need for this. I know 1"(?) heater hose. A 1" plug for the hole in the air intakr tube. Do you just attach tbe heater hose to the ccv hose that you take out of the air intake? Or do you remove that little CCV hose all together and just clamp the 1"(?) heater hose to the opening on the oil fill canister and run it to the back of the truck then.

Sorry for the stupid questions, just trying to understand how this works and a list of all parts needed and picures would bevery much helpful!

Thanks!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking to to the CCV reroute on my 08 6.4. Just want to dump it to the rear of the truck. Not interested in the catch can or any fancy kit. Looking to make my own. What are all the things im gonna need for this. I know 1"(?) heater hose. A 1" plug for the hole in the air intakr tube. Do you just attach tbe heater hose to the ccv hose that you take out of the air intake? Or do you remove that little CCV hose all together and just clamp the 1"(?) heater hose to the opening on the oil fill canister and run it to the back of the truck then.

Sorry for the stupid questions, just trying to understand how this works and a list of all parts needed and picures would bevery much helpful!

Thanks!

we have a cheap one for $75, and we did all the shopping and homework for you !

cccj

Reaction score
I have the No Limit kit. Is it supposed to drip oil everywhere every time I park? My driveway looks like a mechanics shop.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the No Limit kit. Is it supposed to drip oil everywhere every time I park? My driveway looks like a mechanics shop.

actually no. just needs a slight dip in it towards the oil fill. i take it you have a high mile 6.4 ?

6.4f350

Reaction score
Check your blow by or drain line from the can to the bed plate. Mine fills the catch can quickly currently but I broke the plastic drain line from the fill can to the bed plate when I pulled the motor and I rigged some fuel line in it's place and I think it's kinked or not draining as much as it needs to. I have next to no blow by with just over 5,000 miles on the rebuild, it doesn't even try to lift the cap when it's sitting on the can at idle.

Jbird

Reaction score
Yea man will get some past the catch can. Barely any blow by. About 10k miles on the rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnydime

Reaction score

Mine has never dripped in the two years I have had it rerouted. You might want to pull the ccv can off and clean the inside.

Latest posts

Members online