72mm atmo vs s366

ohiostroker95

Reaction score
I have a 08 6.4 with ARP headstuds EGRs mia, mishimoto radiator, fass 150, s&b intake, h&s tuned, 5" exhaust, ladder bars, and a stage 3 built tranny. going to be doing the CCV reroute, mishimoto intercooler with intercooler piping as well as no limit intake in the very near future. After all of thats done my next mod will be turbo upgrades. Would a 72mm atmo or a s366 single be my best option. Truck is my daily driver and is a farm truck as well so it does some pulling and hauling. As far as plans down the road with it, i think im gonna be done modding it after i switch out the turbo. So which would be my better choice? Looking for a little more power with lower egts and still want reliabilty.

Thanks guys!

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
72mm atmo hands down. My truck tows awesome runs 12.2's in the 1/4 and don't smoke a lick I can't see where a 366 would gain anything over that.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hit me up we have a few 72's in stock here ! I run one and love it. You'll need a no limit intake as well.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Yup stay with the stock style setup, I towed with a S366 it did good but I wouldn't use it as a dedicated tow rig.

Black AOD

Reaction score
72mm atmo hands down. My truck tows awesome runs 12.2's in the 1/4 and don't smoke a lick I can't see where a 366 would gain anything over that.

This ^^^

don't go single if you tow a lot.

This ^^^

Does the truck need custom tunes to run a 72?

Yes

Nope!
Hard to beat the 72mm when it comes to bang for your buck. You will absolutely love it!

This^^^

Flat out, Almost Instant Spool up on stock fuel and the ability to make 650-675 rwhp is really nice. I had the 72/59 Elite Combo when I was on stock fuel. I towed 10-12k once a week with that setup, pulled it like it wasn't even there.

A single will lag and not be as friendly for the street.

The only thing better than a 72 is a 75 or 76!!! But budget minded I'd do the 72.

sootie

Reaction score
This ^^^

This ^^^

Yes

This^^^

Flat out, Almost Instant Spool up on stock fuel and the ability to make 650-675 rwhp is really nice. I had the 72/59 Elite Combo when I was on stock fuel. I towed 10-12k once a week with that setup, pulled it like it wasn't even there.

The only thing better than a 72 is a 75 or 76!!! But budget minded I'd do the 72.

Custom tuning is only needed if you upsize the high pressure charger...

That being said, the OP could benefit from good custom tunes regardless. There is no benefit on stock fuel going larger than a 73mm atmo. I do agree, adding a 59mm high pressure charger would be a great upgrade.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This ^^^

This ^^^

Yes

This^^^

truck does NOT need custom tunes to run a 72 .

Latest posts

Members online