6.4 stacking lightbars in the bumper

Reaction score
I have one 24' light bar that mounts flush in the middle but I've seen on the '11 and new power strokes that they can stack up to 2 40" light bars in their bumper! anyone have any experience or pictures of whether or not this is possible with the 6.4's?

Spatel23

Reaction score
Where have you seen 2 40 inch bars mounted in the bumper on 2011s?

I dont think that is at all possible.

Ive seen 2 20 inch single row led bars mounted behind the grills and 1 40 inch bar mounted in the bumper.

Reaction score
It is definitely possibly I can send you the link to 3 different people I am following on Instagram who all have that setup on their truck. you can also just google it and it will bring it up. Tyler_Blas is one of them.

Spatel23

Reaction score
post some pics please.

I have a 40 inch in my front bumper, I dont see how you could fit 2.

th_DSCN0228_zps39d894f2.jpg

Radioflyer

Reaction score
iirc when my truck had the stock bumper on it...I couldn't fit another 20" dual row in there.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
so 20" is the longest you can fit in a 6.4? i want to put one (or two if its possible) in the bumper and at least one more in the grille

TRUBBS

Reaction score
also not trying to steal your thread but i have afew quick questions
do we need 12 or 24 led bars?
are most getting flood light or spot lights or both?
and last, how many luemens of light (<-- spell check) are you guys getting?

Reaction score
well i have a 6.4 and i have a 24" so that is false. the downfall on 6.4 bumper is it has two bars near the tow hooks that run from top to bottom that would prevent putting any bigger light bars in unless you cut the bars and repainted the bumper. was just curious if anyone had ever seen it done on the 6.4's. One other question.....would a bumper from a 6.7 fit a 6.4??

TRUBBS

Reaction score
well i have a 6.4 and i have a 24" so that is false. the downfall on 6.4 bumper is it has two bars near the tow hooks that run from top to bottom that would prevent putting any bigger light bars in unless you cut the bars and repainted the bumper. was just curious if anyone had ever seen it done on the 6.4's. One other question.....would a bumper from a 6.7 fit a 6.4??
24" in the bumper? Got any pictures of yours?

sootie

Reaction score

it looks like hell. 6.4s have a flat top profile and 6.7s have the grill drop down into the bumper so it leaves a gap. similar to putting an 05 bumper on a 99 and not changing the grill.

Latest posts

Members online