Gearhead vs. innovative tuning

Jbird

Reaction score
Just double checking here but what are you supposed to put for engine part #

justa03

Reaction score
Just had the same issue! Hopefully all the hype we've heard is worth the wait!

justa03

Reaction score
I exported my engine and trans files from my Mini Maxx? Thats all my sheet had on it, is yours with an SCT?

justa03

Reaction score
Wow my bad didnt see it in your sig. Probably go into your SCT and bring up your engine and trans strategy files would be my guess.

Stroker04

Reaction score
I don't own a 6.4 but I love Eric's firm shifts. You always get your tunes the same day from him unless something comes up. He asks lots of questions to narrow down what issue your having and has always taken great care of me. Its all personal preference though.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I had the same lugging issues with gearhead that the other guy said. This is with a single 366. We went back and fourth on pm. Also the tow tune was terrible. It wouldnt shift correctly etc. I just kept getting told ot was turbo turbo turbo. Switched back to idp and do not have the lag issues. The thing about gearhead is his tunes ran much better in the cold and a lot smoother then idp. Its just to personal preference. Im about to just put the truck back to stock and sell it LOL

BilletGarage

Reaction score
I have no experience with Gearhead but have been extremely happy with Eric's tuning at Innovative. I ran his extreme race tune on my 6.0 for years without any issues. Stock trans stood up to dozens of 4 wheel drive launches and 1/4 mile passes on the bottle. Shifts were firm but progressive based on throttle input and felt just right to me. I sold the truck to a buddy in 2011 who still daily drives it with the extreme race tune loaded. Original trans still shifts great at 150k miles. I am now running Eric's Street Tune on my 6.4 shorty and nothings changed, great power, great shifting transmission. And, in my experience, Eric's customer service is top notch! :)

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I had a heck of a time with transmission tuning from Gearhead.
I was about to switch tuners, but Matt kept at it and eventually got it perfect.
Sometimes, I would get revisions as quick as 30min and other times it would take a few days. Just depends how busy they are.

powerjoker12

Reaction score
I ordered tunes from gearhead yesterday hopefully theyll come into day or tomorrow. I really wanna see how much better they are then wat i have now

3brorce

Reaction score
I ordered tunes from gearhead yesterday hopefully theyll come into day or tomorrow. I really wanna see how much better they are then wat i have now

Going to be a night and day difference from what you have with the box hs tunes bud been proven plenty. I ran the box tunes for maybe a whole 12 hours before I switched back to my customs.

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Gearhead got me tunes next day for my single turbo truck, although Matt said it would take a few tries to get the tuning right but I was never able to get a revision. I will say the transmission tuning has made a 100% stock 5r110 survive 6 sled pulls now and daily driving for the last 3 months on the race tune and it's still going strong, haven't dyno'd my truck yet but I figure it's around 700hp, I do like innovative but I'm lenient to say this stock trans would still be alive on their tuning, plan on trying innovative race tune for pulling next season, mostly cause gearhead race tune has no smoke when pulling and the audience loves smoke lol had too many guys come up and ask why my truck doesn't smoke at all when I pull. Only real complaints about gearhead is I wish he would have worked with me a bit more on the tuning to get some more low end boost, but all he told me was that my charger was going to be lazy on stock fuel no matter what...also I have a very very jumpy throttle at lower speeds, driving thru a neighbourhood hitting potholes my truck bucks all over the place if your not careful on the accelerator pedal.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I honestly feel that Gearheads trans tunes are the reason my trans is still alive and stock. I also have him bump up line pressure and shift firmness

Cknox121

Reaction score
I will say gearhead trans tunes are legit. Shifted like a dream.

After my build is complete, I will be ordering innovative and Gearhead.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

justa03

Reaction score
Can anyone on here tell me which tune is which from Gearheads? Mine are T-HYB, T-REG, T-ECO and E-AV2. Also do they load fast when you do the MCC export onto the H&S?

vr6dub

Reaction score
Can anyone on here tell me which tune is which from Gearheads? Mine are T-HYB, T-REG, T-ECO and E-AV2. Also do they load fast when you do the MCC export onto the H&S?

The T-### are your transmission tunes and the E-AV2 is your engine tune. You have to load an H&S tune 1st then you'll have the option to load via the MCC and select the Gearhead tunes. Takes just as long as the canned tunes to load.

Funny that you have a E-AV2, which I assume is a 2nd/updated version. Last I talked to them the ENG-A-V1 was the only version available. Wonder what the changes were since then.

justa03

Reaction score
Loaded the files and wow does the truck pull hard. Shifting seems much better the little bit I did drive it. Was kinda surprised on how much smoke it still puts out but the truck runs awesome! Its a job1 but dont know what that would change with the engine but i could see the trans file being much different.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Loaded the files and wow does the truck pull hard. Shifting seems much better the little bit I did drive it. Was kinda surprised on how much smoke it still puts out but the truck runs awesome! Its a job1 but dont know what that would change with the engine but i could see the trans file being much different.

engine file is the same for Job 1 and Job 2+

trans tuning feels similar between my Job 1 and 2+ trucks, but the actual file IS different

Latest posts

Members online