mishimoto radiator warranty

IN-STOKER

Reaction score
3 is definitely different - I know for certain it uses a shorter bolt than the others. The lower looks like it may be flipped and the bottom washer is smaller. 4 looks the same as 1 2, but Ford has a different part number for each upper & lower. Only the bolts are a common # for 1, 3 & 4.

Who knows if there is really anything different.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Heat the bolts hot as hell, like
cherry red on the head. Then back it out with a ratchet. I even heated to nuts.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Right on thanks for the info guys, think I finally got this straight thanks to sunrise fords website only one I could find with any kind of drawing and references to what's what. I'll let yall know how it goes .

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Cab and rad support mounts? Really? Back when i worked at the dealer we were putting rads in 6.4 trucks when they were a year old. Say what you will but changing cab mounts is a waste of time and money. There is no way that they are worn and 2 the whole complete truck will flex more than what those mounts will give. Guess the 6.7 trucks are all gonna need cab mounts too? Replaced countless primary radiators in them too. If anything the rads are mounted too rigid and aren't allowed to flex enough.

I'm not saying I know the answer, but thermostats will cause all kinds of problems with these trucks from coolant leaks, oil cooler problems, cavitation problems, egr problems if you still have an egr valve. As much as a nightmare the cooling system seams on the 6.4, you would think they figured it out for the 6.7. Guess again. once these trucks get a little bit older they will be a nightmare. That orange coolant is a son of a bi*** to trace coolant leaks.

Last edited:

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
After starting this thread and the suggested cab mount replacement I looked at mine and doing some research. Position 1 passenger side bottom gone top big chunks missing, driver side still intact but cracked all crazy and falling apart. Position 2 badly cracked falling apart , position 3 perfectly fine , position 4 bottom s dam near gone tops cracked and flaking. So I'd say body mounts are seriously an issues that really shouldn't be one

IN-STOKER

Reaction score
On mine the lower mount on the drivers side radiator support was basically gone. The others all looked OK so I only changed the two up front.

I noticed last night after putting everything back together that the radiator basically hangs from the top support (at least my new mishi when empty). Is this why there have been issues with them at the top supports?

I have the original degas bottle & hoses and don't have any leaks from them. T-Stats were fine when the dealer replaced my first rad at 30,000.

I'm going to slowly start deleting things as I can afford to do it - DPF, EGR, CCV.

What is the best tuner out there as I start my project?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Cab and rad support mounts? Really? Back when i worked at the dealer we were putting rads in 6.4 trucks when they were a year old. Say what you will but changing cab mounts is a waste of time and money. There is no way that they are worn and 2 the whole complete truck will flex more than what those mounts will give. Guess the 6.7 trucks are all gonna need cab mounts too? Replaced countless primary radiators in them too. If anything the rads are mounted too rigid and aren't allowed to flex enough.

I'm not saying I know the answer, but thermostats will cause all kinds of problems with these trucks from coolant leaks, oil cooler problems, cavitation problems, egr problems if you still have an egr valve. As much as a nightmare the cooling system seams on the 6.4, you would think they figured it out for the 6.7. Guess again. once these trucks get a little bit older they will be a nightmare. That orange coolant is a son of a bi*** to trace coolant leaks.

You didn't look hard enough, almost every truck I've seen with a leaking radiator ( including my own ) has rotted out cab mounts. The stock ones are a high density foam rubber not a solid rubber. And clearly do not last long at all before they fall apart.

After starting this thread and the suggested cab mount replacement I looked at mine and doing some research. Position 1 passenger side bottom gone top big chunks missing, driver side still intact but cracked all crazy and falling apart. Position 2 badly cracked falling apart , position 3 perfectly fine , position 4 bottom s dam near gone tops cracked and flaking. So I'd say body mounts are seriously an issues that really shouldn't be one

Exactly what I found in mine.

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Well pulled the radiator found that it was leaking from under cut from the weld at the end tank to the core about mid way down. Also seems to be about two inches of it.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Figured we would chime in here to provide some answers to your questions!

Anyone have a mishimoto radiator fail? I've had mine almost 1 year and noticed that it's leaking standard drivers side bottom area. I've been though three factory's and now one aftermarket. Any help on what's going on?:shrug:

I apologize for the issues you are having with radiator replacement! After noticing that a few customers were still having repetitive failures after converting to our aluminum radiator, our team decided to check into the radiator/vehicle design. Our goal was to try and determine if any other vehicle factors may effect the lifespan of the radiator. In our investigation, we found several components which should be checked and/or replaced. Most of these items are related to Ford TSB's or general maintenance items. Take a look at our checklist at the link below for additional information.

http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=105

Body mounts

They started a thread about it on here some where. Powerstroke help has a video concerning it.

The get worn, allow flex and toque the radiators till they split or crack iirc

Yes, the body/cab mounts appear to be a big contributor to radiator flex and failure. We highly recommend checking these and replacing them if possible. The job is lengthy and not exactly simple, but it is certainly worth doing. Take a look at the worn/cracked mounts we pulled off of a truck we had in the shop a few weeks ago.

20ae44p.jpg

2d6wk87.jpg

This truck has less than 80K miles on the odometer! Normally these mounts get to the point where they simply crumble and become completely useless.

So the older ones in stock will be problamatic?

Not necessarily if you make sure you are running the most recent degas bottle, radiator hoses, and body mounts. We have had good luck thus far with Mishimoto ones over the last year

Thanks! Our existing radiator design is extremely robust. We are very confident that our product will provide reliable performance as long as your maintenance and TSB's are up to date!

Feel free to follow up with any questions!

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Well I can't see how these mounts are mysteriously "falling apart" when the oldest 6.4 is 7 years old now. I live in the salt hole of the world, if trucks are going to be "rotted out" I'd be seeing it up here. Foam doesn't rot, but it does deteriorate. Maybe the high temperatures of Georgia and Texas are to blame. If the mount is totally missing, and the cab had been off for repairs I'd be pointing fingers in that direction.

It still doesn't explain why these rads were failing on relatively new trucks. 6.7 rads are mounted in a similar way as a 6.4, 6.0 and 7.3 trucks were mounted differently and the end tanks were at the top and bottom versus the side on the newer trucks. The 6.0 and 7.3 rads weren't mounted as rigid as well. Poor design if you ask me.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I don't know the exact cause, but they do. I have one in the shop bay now with position two rotted out but oddly enough position one is good. Lifted the cab and as soon as the pressure was off the mount it fell apart on the floor. I know the position one on mine is really bad, you can literally pick it out in chunks.

johnnyroastbeef

Reaction score
where is everyone ordering the Dorman mounts from? I can't seem to find them anywhere. I'd like to buy them locally if possible so I can install this weekend. thanks in advance.

Last edited: