Alradco radiator results

Mishimoto

Reaction score
This is one of the poorest displays of judgement by a vendor I have seen in a long time. Re-read the OP's original post. He made this thread to demonstrate the results he has seen with his Alradco radiator. Nowhere did he state this was a comparison thread. Never did he mention Mishimito. There was already one time where this could have been derailed, but supposably Buck is not on the payroll of Mishimito so I would not have held his comments against your company....but YOU do represent Mishimito and since you chose to derail this thread, I will hold that against Mishimito. You should have posted these comments either in a thread about Mishimito or started a new thread...they don't belong in this thread!!!

Our goal with this post was not an attempt to derail the thread. A member mentioned some issues with our warranty system and we felt it necessary to chime in and provide reasoning for delays. We are here to support our products as best as possible, so responding to mentions of our product/processes on the forums is key. We are in no way implying any negativity towards competitor products.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok I pulled my truck last night at a local pull and I just checked my data log. At the start of the pull it was 192* coolant temp and 193* oil temp. By the end of the pull It only went up to 202* coolant and 199.3* oil temp. This was also with the new Alradco intercooler. By the time I was unhooked from the sled and pulled out of the way (100 ft maybe) The temp on the coolant was in the mid 190's I can't remember the exact degree because I only looked at the screen for a second and my log was already done.
So far I'm more than satisfied with this radiator and how well it has performed with everything I have thrown at it! Alradco hit this one out of the park in my opinion.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Ok I pulled my truck last night at a local pull and I just checked my data log. At the start of the pull it was 192* coolant temp and 193* oil temp. By the end of the pull It only went up to 202* coolant and 199.3* oil temp. This was also with the new Alradco intercooler. By the time I was unhooked from the sled and pulled out of the way (100 ft maybe) The temp on the coolant was in the mid 190's I can't remember the exact degree because I only looked at the screen for a second and my log was already done.
So far I'm more than satisfied with this radiator and how well it has performed with everything I have thrown at it! Alradco hit this one out of the park in my opinion.

That's good to know. So how did you do?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
That's good to know. So how did you do?

Uh 48 or 50 trucks in the class with several trailer queens. I took 2nd with 305.9 and first was 307.2. I was in first for a little bit then I got bumped to 2nd:fustrate:! It hopped a little(whole truck not the front end because of a rough track) so I had to lift for a second that cost me the win, he was floored the whole time. Kinda bummed but it was fun!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Uh 48 or 50 trucks in the class with several trailer queens. I took 2nd with 305.9 and first was 307.2. I was in first for a little bit then I got bumped to 2nd:fustrate:! It hopped a little(whole truck not the front end because of a rough track) so I had to lift for a second that cost me the win, he was floored the whole time. Kinda bummed but it was fun!

Sounds like ya did pretty good considering your truck is a DD. I will quit derailing this thread but you post some vids on your thread if you have any.

alradco

Reaction score

That's awesome. I'd love to see some pictures and videos.
Thanks for the update and info. Glad the radiator and intercooler is working well. It doesn't seem like your coolant temps were affected by the addition of the intercooler. Thanks again.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
20140921_155050.jpg
Hauling Yesterday grossing 24k pulling a decent hill.

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Oh and I have the radiator and intercooler. I know some guys are concerned with the intercooler making it harder on the radiator to cool. It did very well. This was my light load of saturday. My other one was pushing 31,000 but I didn't get a picture of the temps of that one. I know the coolant was 211 at the top of a very steep 2+ mile hill.

alradco

Reaction score
Oh and I have the radiator and intercooler. I know some guys are concerned with the intercooler making it harder on the radiator to cool. It did very well. This was my light load of saturday. My other one was pushing 31,000 but I didn't get a picture of the temps of that one. I know the coolant was 211 at the top of a very steep 2+ mile hill.

Good point. When you started this thread you only had the Alradco radiator and added our intercooler later. Thanks for pointing out that the Alradco intercooler didn't hurt your coolant temps.

GotStroke

Reaction score
I Also did not notice an increase in coolant oil temps, when i added my Alradco intercooler even with the stock radiator and didnt change with the Alradco one, except the oil and coolant temps went down.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok I did another run tonight. I'm unsure of the weight but it was heavy(guessing over 24k). I wasn't trying to break any speed records since the trailer I was pulling had no brakes:doh:(not my trailer I was doing this for a company it was their trailer) So with my buddy out ahead of me with the other trailer, being my scout we made the trip! Here is a picture of my dashdaq going up a hill.
20141016_204743.jpg
Again this thing performed flawlessly! Me and my buddy both had the radiators in.
The gages are from the top left down ebp, boost, rp. Then the top 2 are oil temp in the middle and coolant temp on the right. Then egt below that and the timing on bottom right.

Last edited:

alradco

Reaction score
Ok I did another run tonight. I'm unsure of the weight but it was heavy(guessing over 24k). I wasn't trying to break any speed records since the trailer I was pulling had no brakes:doh:(not my trailer I was doing this for a company it was their trailer) So with my buddy out ahead of me with the other trailer, being my scout we made the trip! Here is a picture of my dashdaq going up a hill.
View attachment 31568
Again this thing performed flawlessly! Me and my buddy both had the radiators in.
The gages are from the top left down ebp, boost, rp. Then the top 2 are oil temp in the middle and coolant temp on the right. Then egt below that and the timing on bottom right.

Combined weight was 24,000 lbs or was that trailer weight? Numbers are great! Thanks for the feedback.

B585Ford

Reaction score
View attachment 31568

Very nice. Looking forward to my factory radiator leaking since I got my Alradco sitting in the garage patiently waiting to go in.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.