rail harmonics

dialedin

Reaction score
After hpfp injectors and ported rails I have the rail harmonics I've read about..If I put a screwdriver on the rail feed line I can feel the whine. Is there any way to quiet it down ?; I thought I've read about a hose clamp?

dialedin

Reaction score
This is why I hate forums ... I didn't use anything other than factory. Since you assumed I used hose clamps on the high pressure fuel system I'll assume you have stock rails and never touched the hp fuel system . Harmonics with ported rails is a common issue, don't reply if you don't know. :gethim:

dialedin

Reaction score
This is why I hate forums ... I didn't use anything other than factory. Since you assumed I used hose clamps on the high pressure fuel system I'll assume you have stock rails and never touched the hp fuel system . Harmonics with ported rails is a common issue, don't reply if you don't know. :gethim:

I'm not saying you don't know. But come on I'm making a point.

White_monster

Reaction score
Ported rails, twin pumps, bigger nozzles, Ya I've been into the system many many times. If the lines are tightened down before the clamps are installed they will create noise. Also if the original clamps are hard or worn you will get noise.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I thought I remember someone saying if you bump up your rail pressure with tuning that you can quiet the sound way down or almost make it disappear

dialedin

Reaction score
I'm running spartan 210 for towing and 275 -310 for dd wish I would have went with somthing that supports mcc. I liked the options with efi on my gm,should have done more research. As for righting the lines before the clamp, If I recall that's what I did haha. Makes sense though , you would get more tension on the line I guess.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Dialed in, I think you should do some research before you start bashing on people that are trying to help. The guys that have posted so far are some of the most informative on the 6.4 platform. I'd junk the ported rails. People have had issues with surging after installing them, and honestly I doubt they do anything at all. With how tiny the orifices are in other parts of the fuel system, the rails are the least of the issue. I had rails on my 08 and they cause a pretty annoying surging issue at 55-60mph with a Spartan tuner. I have stock rails on my current set up, and twice the power... works fine.

dialedin

Reaction score
Dialed in, I think you should do some research before you start bashing on people that are trying to help. The guys that have posted so far are some of the most informative on the 6.4 platform. I'd junk the ported rails. People have had issues with surging after installing them, and honestly I doubt they do anything at all. With how tiny the orifices are in other parts of the fuel system, the rails are the least of the issue. I had rails on my 08 and they cause a pretty annoying surging issue at 55-60mph with a Spartan tuner. I have stock rails on my current set up, and twice the power... works fine.

I didn't try to bash anyone, I simply get annoyed when people do not read the question asked. No where in the post did I say I used hose clamps . As for the rails , the pump was toast, so it was clean the rails or get clean ported rails for $99. I read all about the harmonics before I bought them. Nbd thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Members online