My Should Not Have Bought This Project

co04cobra

Reaction score
FWIW, 2 weeks ago I replaced a set of low mile VR gaskets. Cant blame only them, but I would consider getting a set of OEMs. JMO

And I would guess the back story is what I said earlier. Sometimes dealers get stuck with things like this on trades also. If they don't know what to look for when trading it. Then they dump them somewhere.

cccj

Reaction score
...and the block has a crack in it. I need a replacement block. Any suggestions???

cbf9703

Reaction score
if you've dealt with many 6.4 failures, you'll understand why the default go-to on stuff like this is a "new engine" quote. it's cut and dry and gets the truck back on the road ASAP

even if they'd found the freeze plug, you think they'd want to let the truck go without tearing it down to check the bottom end after the oil pan was full of water?

patch jobs often come back to bite REPUTABLE shops because when something unforseen pops up, and the cab has to come back of again (or multiple times) the shop loses money and the customer still isn't happy with the price and how long it took to get it sorted out.

with all the time, labor, and money in parts you're going to have in it, I'd yank the short block and go through it/overhaul it

just my .02

Well said.

OP I'm no help for a 6.4 block, but good luck with this... sounds like it's becoming more of a project than you anticipated.

Latest posts

Members online