Alradco radiator results

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok so I figured I'd post up my results of todays trip. I hauled a friends camper approximately 150 miles today. I don't know the official weight of it but the tag on it said 12,4xx. Heres a picture of it. 20140701_191109.jpg

Anyhow it was mostly highway driving with a lot of hills(I live in pennsylvania) several are 3+ miles long. The truck is a cclb with a zf-6, stock fuel, and the usual (studs, exhaust, tuner, 76/59) My truck empty is 8,8xx. At NO point did my coolant temp get above 204* and once I topped the hill it would drop to 194 within a mile or so. I only dropped below 70mph for one 55 zone and for a slow car 2 times then right back up to 70mph. Nearly the whole trip was in 6th gear and it was 86* and 75% humidity. Fine job on the radiator Peter!

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Mine will be here middle of next week, I am so pumped to get it back on the road....
Dealing with Peter was quick and painless..

CT9AIX

Reaction score
very good numbers considering its been pretty miserable weather wise here in PA for the last few days

B585Ford

Reaction score
ALMOST as bad as the mishi warranty. And ive seen a whole bunch of guys that had theirs leak already. And IIRC its not made in the USA.

If you feel like continuing this just text me, i dont want to muck this thread up anymore

Great post. Thank you for your effort to keep this thread on track.

alradco

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Very happy to see results like that. How were trans temps?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Very happy to see results like that. How were trans temps?

If you want a comparison, send me one. If it makes a difference of over 10 degrees on coolant and oil I will send you full price.
I am leaving on July 17th for the beach.
4-7+ percent long grades. If you want too look on a map.
119 from Bakersfield to Maricopa
166 from Maricopa to 101.
101 to Pismo Beach.
Truck usually gets to 235 Oil and 225 Coolant Range for temps over the grade I go over.
Tranny gets to almost 200.
This is summer temps. It is dry here most of the time, if it was humid I would expect lower temps.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
ALMOST as bad as the mishi warranty. And ive seen a whole bunch of guys that had theirs leak already. And IIRC its not made in the USA.

If you feel like continuing this just text me, i dont want to muck this thread up anymore

We have a fantastic lifetime warranty on all of our products. Our primary goal is to get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible to reduce down time. We ship our warranty customers a new radiator immediately upon completion of the claim. This allows the customer to get their vehicle back up and running before having to ship the defective unit back.

The situation regarding issues with claims is easily explained. First, we moved to a brand new warranty ticketing system recently which was not routing certain tickets properly. This caused some confusion as well as some miscommunication or lack of response. Once we discovered this was occurring, we quickly made the appropriate adjustments and the issue is now mended. A second issue was that one of our vendors was handling warranty claims for their customers. When submitting the claims they were not providing the appropriate information to finalize the warranty process. Because of this, several of our customers experienced delays in receiving their new radiator. To reduce the chance of conflicts, we ask that all warranty related concerns go directly through our team to ensure a speedy, efficient, and hassle free process.

Additionally, although our defect rate is well below industry standards, we have noticed a common trend in returns for the 6.4L radiator. It seems as though several customers have experienced multiple failures on the same truck in a rather rapid fashion. With numerous other customers using our product with incredible success, we have come to the realization that this issue is very likely isolated to a particular fault with the vehicle as opposed to our product. We recently brought a vehicle in for further investigation and research, check out the results at the link below.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1027596

Thanks guys!
-John

B585Ford

Reaction score
We have a fantastic lifetime warranty on all of our products. Our primary goal is to get your vehicle back on the road as soon as possible to reduce down time. We ship our warranty customers a new radiator immediately upon completion of the claim. This allows the customer to get their vehicle back up and running before having to ship the defective unit back.

The situation regarding issues with claims is easily explained. First, we moved to a brand new warranty ticketing system recently which was not routing certain tickets properly. This caused some confusion as well as some miscommunication or lack of response. Once we discovered this was occurring, we quickly made the appropriate adjustments and the issue is now mended. A second issue was that one of our vendors was handling warranty claims for their customers. When submitting the claims they were not providing the appropriate information to finalize the warranty process. Because of this, several of our customers experienced delays in receiving their new radiator. To reduce the chance of conflicts, we ask that all warranty related concerns go directly through our team to ensure a speedy, efficient, and hassle free process.

Additionally, although our defect rate is well below industry standards, we have noticed a common trend in returns for the 6.4L radiator. It seems as though several customers have experienced multiple failures on the same truck in a rather rapid fashion. With numerous other customers using our product with incredible success, we have come to the realization that this issue is very likely isolated to a particular fault with the vehicle as opposed to our product. We recently brought a vehicle in for further investigation and research, check out the results at the link below.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1027596

Thanks guys!
-John

This is one of the poorest displays of judgement by a vendor I have seen in a long time. Re-read the OP's original post. He made this thread to demonstrate the results he has seen with his Alradco radiator. Nowhere did he state this was a comparison thread. Never did he mention Mishimito. There was already one time where this could have been derailed, but supposably Buck is not on the payroll of Mishimito so I would not have held his comments against your company....but YOU do represent Mishimito and since you chose to derail this thread, I will hold that against Mishimito. You should have posted these comments either in a thread about Mishimito or started a new thread...they don't belong in this thread!!!

buck russell

Reaction score
For the last time, I'm not on the payroll. Holy crap, do I need to show you my pay stub?

I think it's great that Alradco is making these radiators here in the States. I actually was hoping to uncover more with regards to the lead times. I know for a while there was quite a back order on the alradco units. I also know that there have been numerous complaints about the mishimoto units lately. Seems like a double edged sword. It's a competitive market and competition breeds better product design along with product development and market growth.

** Keep in mind that when I posted up a similar review of my Mishi radiator, everyone decided to call me a liar. Maybe there's a little bit of hostility towards foreign made products? Either way, vote with your dollars.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For the last time, I'm not on the payroll. Holy crap, do I need to show you my pay stub?

I think it's great that Alradco is making these radiators here in the States. I actually was hoping to uncover more with regards to the lead times. I know for a while there was quite a back order on the alradco units. I also know that there have been numerous complaints about the mishimoto units lately. Seems like a double edged sword. It's a competitive market and competition breeds better product design along with product development and market growth.

** Keep in mind that when I posted up a similar review of my Mishi radiator, everyone decided to call me a liar. Maybe there's a little bit of hostility towards foreign made products? Either way, vote with your dollars.

who said that?

buck russell

Reaction score
who said that?

There was plenty of flaming with regards to my review on the mishimoto radiator review and the validity of my results. it's all water near a bridge at this point.

Looking forward to hearing more information on the alradco lead times, post up if you have any further details!

Latest posts

Members online