6.4 fuel filters

John bolt

Reaction score
Oops thought I was starting a new thread about the oil dip stick being hard to read!

obs7.3

Reaction score
I'm just gonna give him the benefit of the doubt being that he's new and only has ten posts, but I agree with him, with brand new oil it is a pain in the a$$ to see it on the dipstick.

Stroked777

Reaction score
That is true but I usually run the engine for a few seconds to fill the oil filter housing up and then check the oil. By the point he oil has a darker color to it

Last edited:

obs7.3

Reaction score
That is true but I usually run the engine for a few seconds to fill the oil filter housing up and then check the oil. By the point he oil has a darker color to it

Hmmm. I need to run mine longer than that. Usually about 5 minutes for it to start showing up better. Maybe the plastic on my dipstick is stained or something :shrug:

6fourstroker

Reaction score
Not real sure why but one side of mine is covered with oil and the other side is like half way. It's never the same on both sides?

obs7.3

Reaction score
Not real sure why but one side of mine is covered with oil and the other side is like half way. It's never the same on both sides?

Is the dipstick bent anywhere? If its bent it would be rubbing on the dipstick tube when you pull it out and rubbing the oil off the side.

Latest posts

Members online