mishimoto radiator warranty

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Anyone have a mishimoto radiator fail? I've had mine almost 1 year and noticed that it's leaking standard drivers side bottom area. I've been though three factory's and now one aftermarket. Any help on what's going on?:shrug:

Cknox121

Reaction score
Anyone have a mishimoto radiator fail? I've had mine almost 1 year and noticed that it's leaking standard drivers side bottom area. I've been though three factory's and now one aftermarket. Any help on what's going on?:shrug:

Body mounts

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
I'm going to sub in to see how the warranty goes. I think I can get a very good deal on one, but have heard some mixed reviews.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Vibration issue or something ?

They started a thread about it on here some where. Powerstroke help has a video concerning it.

The get worn, allow flex and toque the radiators till they split or crack iirc

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
we have been through 3 in the same truck in a year, I have to say, mishimoto replaced all of them every time, until they released there latest set of items to update, we did some of them, so far have no had an issue, but they are constantly updating the radiators as well. Id tell you to hold off a few weeks if you looking to purchase a new one, as I know they have a new prototype in the testing phase now

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Just replace the cab mounts, thats the main cause. Rotted / worn cab mounts allow for a lot of flex between the frame and the cab, the radiator ends up absorbing that flex and then springs a leak.

IN-STOKER

Reaction score
I'm finishing up replacing mine. I went with Dorman body mounts after buying the Daystars kevlar (anyone want to buy the Daystars?). What is the correct torque for the radiator support cab mounts?

I had to cut my old ones off.

Thanks,

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
Ok cab mounts are toast, and Ford wants a ridiculous amount of money for pieces of rubber. Basically a little over a 100 each set top and bottom. Before I dive into this any tips / tricks to do this at the house with out a lift ? Also IN-STOKER and reason for using the Dorman s over the daystars?

Cknox121

Reaction score
Ok cab mounts are toast, and Ford wants a ridiculous amount of money for pieces of rubber. Basically a little over a 100 each set top and bottom. Before I dive into this any tips / tricks to do this at the house with out a lift ? Also IN-STOKER and reason for using the Dorman s over the daystars?

Daystars are crap. Generic pieces of sh!t. I cannot believe they even offer that concoction of a pos bushing.

I went with OEM. They come with new rubber and new metal parts. Cannot get them separate, which is why they cost more. I paid a little over $500 for all 8 upper and lower mounts.

As for advise...if you are cutting them, remove rubber first. If you separating them, use 2 pry bars on the lower mount and pry like hell.

IN-STOKER

Reaction score
Position 1 is the radiator support, Position 2 is under the drivers feet.
Don't try to remove the bolts with an impact gun, you'll spin the nut in the "cage" and have a mess.

I had to cut a 7/8" box wrench to remove the radiator supports, on the position 1 I wedged a pipe over my socket wrench against the front seats and hand removed them from the bottom.

I only replaced the radiator mounts since they were the only ones that were bad, I loosened the position #2 so I didn't bend anything while I jacked up the front to remove/replace.

I removed the cover where the fog lights go and used a sawzall to cut mine off.

The Dorman is a set - upper, lower (with steel for both) and bolt for about $40 ea with a discount code. They only have them for positions 1 & 2, they are P/N 924-065 and 924-066. They look to be true rubber, not the spongy crap that came OE on my truck.

bjmunderwater

Reaction score
This my sound redundant but here it goes , position 1 radiator ,2 drivers/passenger feet/ I'm assuming that there are position 3 and 4 would be the next two and be different .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.