Who all has updated to the V6 PIP tunes for the 15's?

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been offshore for the past 6weeks and finally got in this morning, So 1st thing I go ahead and update my X4 and transfer the new V6 tunes over so I can load Em up and see how they are.I've been running the original performance tune from PIP and other than shift flares every now and then on a WOT run, I really liked the tune.So I load up the new V6 Performance tune and 1st thing I notice is the lack of power till its warmed up.I expected that from the posts I've seen and it's not that big of a deal to me as I never go over a 1/4 throttle till its fully warmed up anyways.Performance wise Id say that the old tunes were peppier IMO.The other thing I've noticed is the difference in smoke output.The old performance tune had a little bit nothing to crazy, But the V6 performance tunes smokes quite a bit and I'm not really liking that.Now keep in mind that I haven't put very many miles on the new tune and it may get better with time, But from what I've seen so far in my test drive, I do believe I'll be flashing back the old tune.I have mike my opinions on the new tune and he told me to make sure that I've got all 3 plugs on the EGR unplugged if it's still on the truck as that will cause some weird things to happen.Im not sure what it will do tho so I can't comment on that.He also said that he has some new tunes that he is finalizing before he sends out, So maybe that will address everything I've seen as well.
I've talked to someone else on the phone just to see if they noticed what I did, And they came to the same conclusion as me.Im gonna put some more miles on it tho and see if anything changes before I flash it back to the old tune!
You guys that have went to the V6 PIP tunes, How are you liking them compared to the older tunes?

Charles

20156point7

Reaction score
i have been running the v6 extreme tune for awhile now but i have to say i like the older extreme tune better the v6 shifts seem sluggish to me. The power is great on both tunes though .

higherlife

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been offshore for the past 6weeks and finally got in this morning, So 1st thing I go ahead and update my X4 and transfer the new V6 tunes over so I can load Em up and see how they are.I've been running the original performance tune from PIP and other than shift flares every now and then on a WOT run, I really liked the tune.So I load up the new V6 Performance tune and 1st thing I notice is the lack of power till its warmed up.I expected that from the posts I've seen and it's not that big of a deal to me as I never go over a 1/4 throttle till its fully warmed up anyways.Performance wise Id say that the old tunes were peppier IMO.The other thing I've noticed is the difference in smoke output.The old performance tune had a little bit nothing to crazy, But the V6 performance tunes smokes quite a bit and I'm not really liking that.Now keep in mind that I haven't put very many miles on the new tune and it may get better with time, But from what I've seen so far in my test drive, I do believe I'll be flashing back the old tune.I have mike my opinions on the new tune and he told me to make sure that I've got all 3 plugs on the EGR unplugged if it's still on the truck as that will cause some weird things to happen.Im not sure what it will do tho so I can't comment on that.He also said that he has some new tunes that he is finalizing before he sends out, So maybe that will address everything I've seen as well.
I've talked to someone else on the phone just to see if they noticed what I did, And they came to the same conclusion as me.Im gonna put some more miles on it tho and see if anything changes before I flash it back to the old tune!
You guys that have went to the V6 PIP tunes, How are you liking them compared to the older tunes?

Charles

what tune have you run it in? I have noticed that 4 has the best shifting and throttle response (it should right?). but it does hate the cold weather though. only reason i dont want to switch back to the original is the constant hissing at idle ugghhhh

David1089

Reaction score
I also have the V6 updates and I got curious about the egr deal so I plugged it in. At start up I freaked truck had no go at all til it was warm and TONS of smoke. it was slow slow I had to put it in manual to drive it. and while warming up it sounded like it had a popoff opening up when smoke would dump out. Unplugged everything again and runs perfect.

20156point7

Reaction score
Mine when it is cold will cloud up the whole road. I think I have all the egr plugs unplugged I guess I need to check it.

David1089

Reaction score
Mine when it is cold will cloud up the whole road. I think I have all the egr plugs unplugged I guess I need to check it.

There's one located in the front right hand side of the fan shroud on the bottom of the tube that comes in from the right of the intake.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
you guys have to remember if you haven't been made aware, the truck is going to be sluggish until at least 100* of oil temp as a protective measure with the exhaust brake enabled. it's the nature of the beast.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
i have been running the v6 extreme tune for awhile now but i have to say i like the older extreme tune better the v6 shifts seem sluggish to me. The power is great on both tunes though .

I've still yet to run the extreme tunes on my truck.Ive only ran the street and performance tunes.I thought of trying the extreme tunes when I go to the track at the end of Jan!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
what tune have you run it in? I have noticed that 4 has the best shifting and throttle response (it should right?). but it does hate the cold weather though. only reason i dont want to switch back to the original is the constant hissing at idle ugghhhh
I may have to try it sometime while I'm home.Yea I usually crank my truck well ahead of time in cold weather.

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I also have the V6 updates and I got curious about the egr deal so I plugged it in. At start up I freaked truck had no go at all til it was warm and TONS of smoke. it was slow slow I had to put it in manual to drive it. and while warming up it sounded like it had a popoff opening up when smoke would dump out. Unplugged everything again and runs perfect.

I unplugged all 3 EGR plugs so I'll see how it does tomorrow!

Charles

Captaincworley

Reaction score
you guys have to remember if you haven't been made aware, the truck is going to be sluggish until at least 100* of oil temp as a protective measure with the exhaust brake enabled. it's the nature of the beast.

Yea I already knew to expect that from previous posts so that was no worry when I noticed that.

dcswetman

Reaction score
I haven't unplugged any of the egr sensors and my truck has yet to do any weird things. Maybe I ought to go check them out and unplug them

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Well finally got to drive the truck today after unplugging all the EGR plugs.It def made a difference.Smoke isn't heavy anymore and runs very well!
I'm a happy camper again ;)

Charles

lobe50

Reaction score
Yes good to know huh...My instructions from PIP mentioned 2 plugs..1 Orange and one Black. That made me curious so I talked to Mike at PIP and he stated that the 15's have 3 plugs...2 Orange and a 3rd black about 6" off of the vacuum actuator.

I just got the tuner so I only have had the v6 tunes...he did mention another version will be out soon.
Absolutely AWESOME customer service w/ Mike @ PIP!!

lobe50

Reaction score
I don't quite know how to post pics, but what 2 have you found? Colors and approx locations?

Captaincworley

Reaction score
0C07727E-0712-4C91-B22E-9DF454A79763.png

Latest posts

Members online