Moving a dozer with a F-250

patricku47

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question here. I am looking at renting a John Deere 450 dozer (roughly 17000 lbs). I have a 40' tandem axle dual wheel gooseneck that I can use to haul it on, so the trailer isn't an issue. Will I have any problems moving it about 20 miles with my RCLB 6 speed 4x4 F-250?

sootie

Reaction score
as long as you dont sway and dont turn sharply or have to stop you should be fine. nowhere close to legal i doubt...

i have grossed 25k in an f350 srw with no issue at all

Atsah

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question here. I am looking at renting a John Deere 450 dozer (roughly 17000 lbs). I have a 40' tandem axle dual wheel gooseneck that I can use to haul it on, so the trailer isn't an issue. Will I have any problems moving it about 20 miles with my RCLB 6 speed 4x4 F-250?

Can you do it? Yes, it's done on a daily basis in my neck of the woods..

patricku47

Reaction score
as long as you dont sway and dont turn sharply or have to stop you should be fine. nowhere close to legal i doubt...

I'm sure its seriously frowned upon by the state of Texas, but I don't think they will bother me. I see people doing it just about daily with no DOT numbers present....

JD3020

Reaction score
GCVW of 30-35k with a SRW F-250, can you do it? Sure. Should you do it? Doubt it.

DOT numbers don't matter. They'll look at your axle and tire ratings on the truck and laugh as they are writing the tickets.

PDT1081

Reaction score
GCVW of 30-35k with a SRW F-250, can you do it? Sure. Should you do it? Doubt it.

DOT numbers don't matter. They'll look at your axle and tire ratings on the truck and laugh as they are writing the tickets.

We've pulled across scales with an 05 CCSB F250 (with 6.0) at 30k. Used back roads, stayed well under the speed limit. Made another trip after that with roughly 18k on the trailer (trailer weighs around 4200 empty). Would I do it daily? Absolutely not. Once in a great while, as long as you use your head you'll be ok.

patricku47

Reaction score
We've pulled across scales with an 05 CCSB F250 (with 6.0) at 30k. Used back roads, stayed well under the speed limit. Made another trip after that with roughly 18k on the trailer (trailer weighs around 4200 empty). Would I do it daily? Absolutely not. Once in a great while, as long as you use your head you'll be ok.

This is a one time deal, from the equipment rental place, to the farm, and back again in a few days. I usually wouldn't even consider doing it, but they want to charge me an arm and a leg to drop off an pick up the dozer. It's at most 14 miles of 2 lane highway, the rest of it is well off the beaten path.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
This is a one time deal, from the equipment rental place, to the farm, and back again in a few days. I usually wouldn't even consider doing it, but they want to charge me an arm and a leg to drop off an pick up the dozer. It's at most 14 miles of 2 lane highway, the rest of it is well off the beaten path.
its farm use?

live life full throttle

PDT1081

Reaction score
As long as you think the truck is capable, I'd do it.

Jomax

Reaction score

25k is not too bad gross. I do that all the time lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yep.. this is with our cclb cheby 2500dmax with a titan oversized fuel tank, a 100 gallon transfer tank, and hand tools.. been hauling it all over the place.. illegally i might add.. i only have a class B with air.. our company never weighed the combo before i guess..
6871d44457566f5c067968831004c01b.jpg

live life full throttle

Buck1

Reaction score
That's enough for a 2500☺

I grossed 45k with my 250 hauling concrete barriers, back in the day. Go was not a problem had to plan the whoa.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That's enough for a 2500☺

I grossed 45k with my 250 hauling concrete barriers, back in the day. Go was not a problem had to plan the whoa.
holy fuggin chit.. we have grossed over 30k hauling round bales on the farm with our trucks..

live life full throttle

78f100

Reaction score
I pulled a jd 450 with my old 97 rclb. Like already said your not gonna stop real fast but the truck will do fine. Make sure your trailer brakes work good first and adjust them good for the load, you'll be fine.

The Butcher

Reaction score
If you are concerned about legality and/or safety, give a call to LGI or similar freight company and see what they would charge you to get it back and forth. Shouldn't cost you more than a couple hundred for that short distance.

Latest posts

Members online