Moving a dozer with a F-250

patricku47

Reaction score
I pulled a jd 450 with my old 97 rclb. Like already said your not gonna stop real fast but the truck will do fine. Make sure your trailer brakes work good first and adjust them good for the load, you'll be fine.

This is what I wanted to hear. The dozer will be either a JD 450 or a Case 650, whatever is in stock at the time. The brakes on the truck and trailer are new, and my B&W hitch claims its good for 30k lbs. I think it will be fine, I just wanted some other people to reassure me of that.

Thanks!

Mpoage

Reaction score
This is my buddy's truck and backhoe. The backhoe weighs 20k pounds and he gross's about 33k pounds when towing it and it handles it just fine. His truck is farm tagged so he can get away with it pretty easily. You will be fine. I've grossed 35k in my truck before and it handled it decently.

FB_IMG_1425044749244_zpslzh6xerm.jpg

Buck1

Reaction score
Ya there was a stop at the bottom of a hill yiu had to plan for. Probably wouldn't do that again, but I thought I was cool at the time.

Atsah

Reaction score
I have pulled a lot of things that I probably shouldn't have over the years short distances because I knew everything was in top notch shape but when I did I treated every vehicle coming towards me and behind me as if they were one of my family members, just be careful and you will be fine..

Mark13

Reaction score
That's enough for a 2500☺

I grossed 45k with my 250 hauling concrete barriers, back in the day. Go was not a problem had to plan the whoa.

I've been in the same neighborhood hauling steel and wet hay with my 2500. It's surprising how easily the trucks will get going as long as you know that to much skinny pedal will break something. Stopping is a completely different story, gotta plan a long way in advance.

The brakes on the truck and trailer are new, and my B&W hitch claims its good for 30k lbs.

As long as the truck and trailer brakes are new and the trailer brakes are burned in and properly adjusted you'll be ok.
Your B&W if properly installed will laugh at 30k.

equalizier

Reaction score
it all comes down to is it worth the risk if you get caught.it's not gonna be cheap if you get caught that's a fact.this is the way i look at things when i haul and i know i'm over lol.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
it all comes down to is it worth the risk if you get caught.it's not gonna be cheap if you get caught that's a fact.this is the way i look at things when i haul and i know i'm over lol.

We are all farm use so we don't work about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B.Warning

Reaction score
You'll be fine using your truck. Just pull the Dozer Forward until you squat the truck a few inches making sure you have a sufficient amount of pin weight, but the trailer is supporting majority of the load.

Here's a what I weigh quite often. D3 and a 257B Cat.

ad6933e7fe66db1fcd8e453f4b6a4b11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online