Anyone used these 6.4 Headlights

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Yea just don't always like to be the Guinea pig lol... Just trying to figure some darker headlights out for when I get rid of this eye sore of a grille...

DWhite

Reaction score
You could also bake your lights and take them apart and paint them. It would be a lot cheaper and you could have them looking anyway you want.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
You could also bake your lights and take them apart and paint them. It would be a lot cheaper and you could have them looking anyway you want.

Yea I've seen threads where people have done that and also seen where people have jacked their **** up. Just don't know if I trust myself.

DWhite

Reaction score
I felt the same way and was scared to mess my lights up but if you take your time and can have help it is pretty simple and easy. I was just throwing it out there to save you some bucks incase you never heard of it.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
No, all input is fine... $ saving is always nice, my setup has cost me enough lol... Im not a fan of spending lots of money on things that don't drop her times or better her reliability...

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Finished mine on the weekend
index.php

index.php

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Idk what it is but the black grille on the red truck does not look good at all on my truck but it looks fine on other colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Red is hard, Red and Black would work you may just need more of something? I like your combo so far, PTM bumpers help out a lot.... maybe red Superduty letters would break up the black grill with a red logo? The chrome headlights were the last of the chrome on my truck too, if you did some headlights you might be able to tie it in better...

16_3798_e.jpg

F92587460.jpg

if it was my truck I'd do all black headlights probably, but here is a red set;
08-10.FDSD_.RETRO-2.jpg

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
No idea now.... I bought these parts years ago they've just been sitting in the boxes until now and I bought for two vehicles and have since mixed and matched what I was originally planning. Everything was from TheRetrofitSource ordered through the shop I used to work at, this kit is B-stock Mini H1 projectors with B-stock H1 bulbs, so it wasn't too expensive to get it completed.

DWhite

Reaction score
Thanks. I was going to look at doing this for my 6.7. I'll check the stuff out. How is the light output? Ivery seen people talk about it being as good as a high dollar set of hids.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Yea I like that red set if it was all black... well the grille I thought about doing a red XLT grille like this.. Found one Vermillion from the dealership for 405 and I have on 03' 6.0 turbo that is practically new that I think I can get that for so it would be nice to buy one sell the other and not affect my bank account... with my 190/100s if my MTW stg 3 goes out that turbo wont be much use unless I tune her down a **** load, but Im tired of looking at money sitting there and don't want it sitting forever...

iA95285.jpg

Last edited:

DWhite

Reaction score
Here is a set of headlights I painted for my buddies truck. He has a red and chrome peterbilt theme going with his truck so this is the idea we used. We took out the reflector and put a thin strip of stainless and he is having the peterbilt logo engraved on the stainless.

The logo in this pic is just photoshopped so we could get an idea of how the logo would look.

20150223_184021%20copy_zpst9bvm5k7.jpg

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Thanks. I was going to look at doing this for my 6.7. I'll check the stuff out. How is the light output? Ivery seen people talk about it being as good as a high dollar set of hids.

My stance;
Projector Retro w/ HID's > Halogen housing w/ HID's > LED > Halogen's

I had HID's on the truck for 2 years, light output was awesome but scattered in the halogen housing and with trailers/scrap metal on the back the truck gets flashed all the time for blinding others, so I went with the projectors. Light output on the road is no longer scattered everywhere, nice solid light below the projector cut off. LEDs were all useless when I tried them, I'm trying some V3 Triton turn signal bulbs eventually, hopefully, but LED headlight bulbs that I have installed for customers after warning they aren't the best, usually come back out after a few weeks of trying to night drive on the highway.

Peterbuilt theme looks cool! Got more pictures of his truck?

For you guys already splitting headlights to paint them, get B-Stock Mini H1's if you can, cheap to throw in while you are already in there painting, tiny bit of trimming but no major mods needed as they slide right through the H13 hole.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
My stance;

I had HID's on the truck for 2 years, light output was awesome but scattered in the halogen housing and with trailers/scrap metal on the back the truck gets flashed all the time for blinding others, so I went with the projectors. Light output on the road is no longer scattered everywhere, nice solid light below the projector cut off. LEDs were all useless when I tried them, I'm trying some V3 Triton turn signal bulbs eventually, hopefully, but LED headlight bulbs that I have installed for customers after warning they aren't the best, usually come back out after a few weeks of trying to night drive on the highway.

For you guys already splitting headlights to paint them, get B-Stock Mini H1's if you can, cheap to throw in while you are already in there painting, tiny bit of trimming but no major mods needed as they slide right through the H13 hole.

Ive noticed this too, on low beam its scattered like hell with my 55W 6000ks... On high beam they are nice and focused but focused too high and will piss them off even more than they are now... I get flashed all the time and I just turn on high beams on and they stop... I do kind feel bad.... a little...

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Here is a set of headlights I painted for my buddies truck. He has a red and chrome peterbilt theme going with his truck so this is the idea we used. We took out the reflector and put a thin strip of stainless and he is having the peterbilt logo engraved on the stainless.

The logo in this pic is just photoshopped so we could get an idea of how the logo would look.

20150223_184021%20copy_zpst9bvm5k7.jpg

When you bake them and get the lens off does that part you have painted red come out separate and you can just paint that... I could search for it but this is easier for my lazy ass... plus this government computer sucks balls and im afraid to venture too far from what I already got to load right...

DWhite

Reaction score
My stance;

Sweet, I kinda wish I had done those when I painted my 6.4 headlights instead of just tossing the crappy halogens back in. I will for sure throw some in my 6.7 when I pull those headlights apart and paint them.

I'll have to dig some up on him or his wife's facebook. It is a pretty cleaning looking 08.

We should still have some time to get some since we are waiting on Morgan to finish up with the motor. You suggest buying those of retrofitsolutions like you mentioned before?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.