So hard to choose what turbo setup I want

strokin6L

Reaction score
I have no experience with a 66 and stock sticks....but I believe it won't be fun to drive. Just ain't gonna have the fuel to spool that charger. Raising the shift points to keep the rpms and boost up will help some....but without the fuel from bigger sticks, it just wouldn't be fun to drive.

swinky

Reaction score
You think the s362 FMW is better all around than say a KC 1.5/2 ? I've followed some threads so i know you're a non-vgt guy Swinky, but just seeing if it's worth the extra time and money. No idea if i'll up the power later, but if i go with the s362, it only makes sense to stay non-vgt in the future.

I'll be running 175/stock injectors. 500hp is the goal, and honestly don't really wanna go much over that. Trying to keep this stock tranny for while lol. That being said i stear clear of boosted launches.
Yeah a 362 is a great turbo. My goal last year was 12s.... This year it's 11s lol but anyways I really don't think a 362 is more expensive than a stage 2.

strokin6L

Reaction score
If your staying with stock sticks...I'd go with the 62fmw over the 64fmw. Just because I know of a few running the 62 with stock sticks and love it.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
362 fmw is a beast. We put down 562 on 175/100's and that was a cast wheel. We have our kits on special know also to any that are interested.

andrewsteelerford05

Reaction score
Yeah a 362 is a great turbo. My goal last year was 12s.... This year it's 11s lol but anyways I really don't think a 362 is more expensive than a stage 2.

What are you plans to get the truck into the 11s this year? And back to the topic don't run a 66 with stock sticks I did it until I got my bigger sticks and it was terrible it wasn't even streetable just go with the 62 on the stock sticks ans you will be happy.

swinky

Reaction score
What are you plans to get the truck into the 11s this year? And back to the topic don't run a 66 with stock sticks I did it until I got my bigger sticks and it was terrible it wasn't even streetable just go with the 62 on the stock sticks ans you will be happy.
Just going to spray it for now so I can be competitive in 7.70 index in April. Then an adrenaline hpop, S371 and 285/100 conventionals. I'll decide this winter if I want to put my big boy pants on and build a motor.

swinky

Reaction score
:poke: Do it.

How much are you planning on spraying for April?

Whatever it takes. I think with the caltracs, weight reduction, some practice launching the old girl and the few parts I have left to put on I should see 7.8-7.9. Should just take a little 60ish jet.

248superduty

Reaction score
well the wife decided for me. Ordered a barder stage 2 and all new gearhead tunes for me. cant say im mad.

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
It's not bad at all. Not sure what the big deal is. I did up pipes, injectors, s366 and regulated return in a weekend in my parking lot with a 3 drawer craftsman toolbox.

But your a puddle pirate so you are more powerful and have the most intelligence than the rest of the world combined...

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Lol we all do it... Im stuck here for my 13 hour stent... found the new shocks I want checking out which headlights I wanna get lol... thanks everyone...

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
It's all fun and games then a boat catches on fire. Yippie hey coasties come put it out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online