09 f250 lift to clear 22x12's and 35's?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Might check with pmf on getting those parts that are in the rough country kit from them. For 2600 in the kit you get traction bars and 3 link which I think are like 1600 or so total. You might be able to get the icon springs and fox shocks and miscellaneous parts for less than you think.

KKelley

Reaction score
I'm all for PMF, Icon, Carli etc....

BUT

a nice set of Fox shocks on that Rough Country lift will keep the ride in check..

That's what I was thinking, but I would like a 3 link kit.

Might check with pmf on getting those parts that are in the rough country kit from them. For 2600 in the kit you get traction bars and 3 link which I think are like 1600 or so total. You might be able to get the icon springs and fox shocks and miscellaneous parts for less than you think.

Any vendors on here that can help me out with putting a kit together?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Any vendors on here that can help me out with putting a kit together?

Either go straight to Trevor with PMF(username on here is NotStock and website is pmfsuspension.com) or Chris who posted above should be able to help you like he said. Both great guys.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
In my opinion a stage I ICON kit is not that bad price wise, and you do get what you pay for. Or even look into a Carli 2.0 Commuter kit, or Carli 2.5 Starter system. I'd stay away from Rough Country though.

ICON 2.5" Stage I

http://performancetruckproducts.com...t-ford-superduty-f250-f350-2-5-stage-1-system

Carli Commuter 2.0

http://performancetruckproducts.com...11-carli-suspension-ford-2-5-commuter-2-0-kit

Carli 2.5 Starter System

http://performancetruckproducts.com/cs-fordlvl-str-05-08-11-carli-suspension-ford-2-5-starter-system

sootie

Reaction score
crazy part is...everyone is telling the OP what to do based on experiences we have had. he is determined to go his own way. Heck!-why start a thread if you wont listen!

i started my lift with rough country parts thinking along these lines and ended up spending far more than a PMF setup and STILL dont have it the way i would like it !!

rant over.

KKelley

Reaction score
crazy part is...everyone is telling the OP what to do based on experiences we have had. he is determined to go his own way. Heck!-why start a thread if you wont listen!

i started my lift with rough country parts thinking along these lines and ended up spending far more than a PMF setup and STILL dont have it the way i would like it !!

rant over.

I wouldn't still be asking about other lifts if I was determined to go my own way lol I'm just having trouble grasping why these other kits are so much more expensive.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I'm just having trouble grasping why these other kits are so much more expensive.

Because they are made with higher quality parts. Single rate springs ride rough and are cheap, hence why the higher quality kits don't use them. Track bars offer better geometry and cost more to produce than a cast drop down bracket, adds to the cost. If cost and clearance is your only concern throw a cheap set of coil spacers on there, cheap cast blocks and a track bar drop bracket.

It will look cheap and ride cheap, but it is cheap.

KKelley

Reaction score
I realize that there's a difference in quality. I guess I'm just used to half ton lifts that are all close to the same price. If I have to spend extra for quality then that's what I'll do. I don't half-ass any of my builds.

KKelley

Reaction score
Well I ended up going with the Zone 4" radius arm kit. The install was a breeze and all the new parts are very high quality. Everything fit into place as it should and it looks great. It rides considerably better than stock suspension and it sits perfectly level. Overall, I'm very pleased with this kit and I'm glad I didn't spend 3 times as much on the other. I realize that the 3 link, icon coils, and traction bars are nice, but for my purposes, the zone kit works just fine.

KKelley

Reaction score
Couple pics
dcc0ef7be11135abd7f3fdb861f66da1.jpg

Forgot to include the new track bar in this pic
afcd52a70419f4ff0e2e807ec733f50a.jpg

a7058652e20f8405c59c7bd2589fbfaf.jpg

I'll get some better pics after I get the new wheels and tires on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online