Light Bar Mounts

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
So I put a lot of thought into where I should put this thread and this is where I landed. It seems appropriate because I'm hoping to hear some feedback with guys with the same years of body style as mine. So, I have a 50" light bar that I'm gonna mount on my truck. It was a cheap one but I pulled it apart and siliconed it up so that it won't fill with water (hear that they work great if you do this. Plus, silicone fixes everything right? :p ) But, I'm still struggling with which mounts I wanna get. I'm looking for ones above the windshield. I saw the ones from DPP and they're sick but they cost more than the light bar. LOL So, I'm stuck trying to find which ones I want. Do you guys have any recommendations or which ones are you running or is making a set a better option? I think it'll look good. Not really looking forward to drilling into my truck though..

Josh923

Reaction score
He wants to mount it above the windshield.
You outta contact a local welder or fabrication shop.. Might could work something up for you for a decent price.

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that. My best friend owns a fabrication business so I have access to his press sheer and we have welders and everything else I need at the farm. Plus, I could get access to the old shop I used to be a machinist at. I may just look into doing something like that.

Josh923

Reaction score
If you did it that way, you could make them exactly how you wanted them as well. Even if you paid someone to do it.
Good luck

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
Ended up just saying f*ck it and got the Rough Country mounts. Only took a little bending and modding. "Simple Install" my ass. That took 4 hours.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Im thinking for work I would love one in the same spot up front and over the back glass without having to buy a back rack. Post up pics, id like to see the rc mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
FullSizeRender%2021_zpsp11uhfux.jpg

FullSizeRender%2022_zpsh5f3bdsg.jpg

IMG_1229_zpsfeyf25bv.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsuf27nhq7.jpg

I wasn't sure how it would turn out with my cab lights but I really like it. I think it looks good right in front of them and the bar is brighter than hell.

FarmWithAFord

Reaction score
Im thinking for work I would love one in the same spot up front and over the back glass without having to buy a back rack. Post up pics, id like to see the rc mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you could just order two sets of mounts but just run one set in the rear door and run the bar backwards. The bar I got is super bright. I just had it on yesterday so I haven't had the chance to use it while we're in the fields yet, but I think it'll come in handy. Plus I like the look :cool:

ford_muscle1

Reaction score
I was wondering what it would look like with the cab lights also. But after looking at yours it does not look bad. I will have to add this to my upgrade list.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.