bumper height

cmattox23

Reaction score
I'm looking to lift 6-8" with a 37" tire on my 6.7, however I am trying to find somebody with the same setup who could give me a rear bumper height measurement. Unfortunately I have to play nice with Maryland's max height of 28" to the ground. I'm almost positive a 6" will be pushing it, but I'm just looking for clarification.

So if anybody has a similar setup and wouldn't mind leaving the specs below it'd be greatly appreciated.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Can't give you a height but you have to watch the frame height too. Sometimes they measure off that instead of the bumper. If you register over 10k lbs you can go a little higher, but they then usually start to measure off of the center of the headlights

cmattox23

Reaction score
You're right, I believe if you register over 10k lbs you can go 32". My question is what part of the frame though if that's the case? Headlights are measured at 54" or less to be within spec also.

I guess if they're going to get you they have multiple ways of doing so....lol

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
It depends on the officer, I've seen them measure the frame where it's easiest to get to. I've also seen them crawl under the truck and measure the lowest point like it's supposed to be

jwalk09

Reaction score
Just take your current measurements and add whatever amount of lift you plan on doing plus additional tire height. Pretty easy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.