Ts 6pos chip

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok guys I need a lil help on this. I bought this from a guy who sold his 7.3: I took the leads off the battery and took out the computer on my 01 250 and installed the chip. It wouldn't start. I looked it up and says to clean the contacts. On which? The chip or computer?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Scotchbrite pad and a fingernail is usually all you need. Just remove the silicone. You do not want to get down to bare copper. Having a tint of copper color shining through is okay though.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
If you screw it up and sand too much off you can add solder to the "pins" on the pcm if you are careful. I have done it with success in the past. I recommend not screwing it up though. LOL

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Ok guys! After the chip install my turbo sounds like it's going to fly apart. It flutters really bad even in the 59 hp setting. I guess it's surge or whatever. I've never personally experienced that but heard it on you tube. It will also bark. I would rather not spend the $ on a gtp38r. And was wondering if the banks housing,upgrade wheel and waste gate along with a rebuild kit fix my issue? I have plenty of hi end torque, even without the chip.(which
Btw I fried but soon replacing with hydra chip.) just looking to fix the issue before something bad happens

Jomax

Reaction score
Just change to a ported housing. You can install with the turbo on the truck. It'll fix it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
billet wheel and ported housing. stay away from banks as a couple of our vendors sell a ported housing.

did you leave the red line on the wg actuator or pull it off and cap it on a boot clamp.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Dirtclod

Reaction score
As far as I know it hasn't been messed with. Don't know much about it anyways. I've read where people have adjusted it. When I get ready to get my chip I'll take it to a shop and have it all installed. Which ported housing? And which billet wheel?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've heard of people putting a66mm with a 88mm and at sported housing 1.0. Is that what I should do?
i agree with dom but im also thinking that just a billet wheel would take care of it.. did that exact thing with my brothers truck and it doesn't surge one bit.. but also has Dynoproven tunes on it.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Yan7gin

Reaction score
I have the WW2, hydra and never had any surging issue (ad some before the ww2) same no issue pulling 10k# trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtclod

Reaction score
The guy I bought my ecm off of sells the hydra chip and does custom tuning. I'm pretty sure he's a vendor on here I just don't want to mension their name on here. When I pulled my 35' pull behind through the West Virginia turnpike and pulled Fancy Gap my egt's never got over 800. Fresh s&e filter cleaning with oil(I used k&n kit) before I had the inter cooler installed I flushed out about a dozen times. All inter cooling pipes too. Ceramic coated the cold side and replaced hot side with heat wrap after I painted it. With the non-ebv pedestal and hi flo outlet and fuel system installed it's like the turbo can't handle that quick boost. With the chip. It's fine without it. Another question. I have a fuel lab regulator and pressure is set at 60. I want to back it down to 53. How do I do it? I tried loosen the top nut but was afraid I'd break it so I left it alone. Or should I leave it on 60?

02BigD

Reaction score
With the non-ebv pedestal and hi flo outlet and fuel system installed it's like the turbo can't handle that quick boost. With the chip. It's fine without it. Another question.

98% of the time, surging is tuning related. Back in the day with a 38r and stock injectors, I had a Bullydog chip that caused the truck to surge like crazy under any load. Changed to DP chip and the surging was gone. Upinsmoke70 had a Diablo chip that surged like crazy, stock turbo truck. Changed tuners and surge was gone.

I have a fuel lab regulator and pressure is set at 60. I want to back it down to 53. How do I do it? I tried loosen the top nut but was afraid I'd break it so I left it alone. Or should I leave it on 60?

96054501_L_165946f1.jpg

Loosen the top nut, adjust with allen key, retighten nut. There seems to be no exact set psi for our trucks, more injector specific. I run 67 psi, with 355\200's. With 200\30's 62 psi was the magic number. My experience.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online