Kc 1.5 or 2 (stock sticks)

slc6oh

Reaction score
Like the idea of stock i injectors.

Trucks a daily driver and tow heavy at high elevation often. Current 362 does great towing, and 2k+ rpm, but on stock injectors at this elevation leaves some to be desired in the daily driver light to light.

Staying stock injector as a daily driver at high elevation what yall think?

kwelch08

Reaction score
Is there a particular reason you want to stay with stock sticks? I daily drive with 190/30 with a stage 2 and I love the power it has, and I pull my 33ft 15k# fifth wheel from job to job with no issues at all, even at elevation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
I just feel like on stock sticks, the 362 , ficm tuning and gh srl+ has amazing mid/top, but light to light/part throttle on 373s and 35s leaves a bit to be desired.. Its an amazing setup, i just feel a vgt would better for my driving/driving style

slc6oh

Reaction score
And the power of extra injector puts me in the built trans relm.

kwelch08

Reaction score
Just talk with Charlie and he will get you fixed up. If you are wanting to stick with stock injectors I would Probably go with the 1.5 if I was you, or go with the stage 2 and up your injectors down the road.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Thats where im at man. 2k in fuel upgrades to get this 362 dead on, then i gotta worry bout the trans. Ir knock down to just a touch up from a stock charger and live a nice long well performing life on stock everything other than the turbo... Like the idea of going back with a vgt, just cause my daily commute, but like i said:: i dont hate the current Setup

Ackerdiesel

Reaction score
Is there a particular reason you want to stay with stock sticks? I daily drive with 190/30 with a stage 2 and I love the power it has, and I pull my 33ft 15k# fifth wheel from job to job with no issues at all, even at elevation.

What tuning? EGTs?

Ryan

kwelch08

Reaction score
GH unlimited tow tune. Egts stay between 900-1050, and on good size hills when I'm not paying attention and looked in od Egts will get around 1200, but with my tune I can hit tow haul and it'll kick out of od and get my Egts back around 1050. The stage 2 likes to be around or above 2000rpms.

rekt

Reaction score
My buddy wants to do a stage 2 DIY kit on his turbo with stock sticks, he should be ordering it sometime next week. Ill keep you posted.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what size turbine wheel and housing are on your 362?

A VGT will of course light a little easier, but you'll lose some top end pull too. I don't think either is a bad setup, just depends on what you want.

Have you had your tunes tweaked any further? Are you driving around with tow/haul on?

valvetick

Reaction score
What rpm do you tow or cruise at mostly? Use that to determine your stage. My driving kept the rpms low using overdrive towing so I preferred the smaller. But if you don't mind not using overdrive the stage 2 would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what size turbine wheel and housing are on your 362?

A VGT will of course light a little easier, but you'll lose some top end pull too. I don't think either is a bad setup, just depends on what you want.

Have you had your tunes tweaked any further? Are you driving around with tow/haul on?

Yeah man, been back and forth with gh and ********** and finally have a gh tune thats money.

To be able to tow and keep with the flow of traffic i need to be 80mph in od, any less its got no power and egts are up there.

Smoked the trans trying to light the turbo at the track friday two 2.5sec 60' and the one i hurt the trans on was a 2.1 and it took ALOT to get more than 5-6# to launch. Enough that the trans is shot now. Stuck in 4th..

Its not a race truck nor do i plan on racing more but that just gives ya idea of how well it dosent like down low lol

slc6oh

Reaction score
What rpm do you tow or cruise at mostly? Use that to determine your stage. My driving kept the rpms low using overdrive towing so I preferred the smaller. But if you don't mind not using overdrive the stage 2 would be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To tow in od and keep everything cool i have to be 2k rpm witch sticks me at 80, or slow down to like 60-65 and let it be in 5th. If i could get something thats not as dependent on being over 2k to make power that would be nice.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I might have missed it but how heavy do you tow?
Are you struggling to tow at 1800rpms on flat ground? Or up a hill?

The stage 1.5 will spool a little faster/sooner the the s362 but I am not sure it will be enough to solve your problems. You will probably gain 100-200rpms over an s362 so you should be able to tow around 1800-1900rpms.

To be honest these trucks love the 2000+ rpm range. Especially when pulling a load up a hill.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I'm completely baffled with this one. Mine lights way easier than that. Are you sure you weren't having trans issues before this turbo came along? Mine will spool way easier than that. Perhaps your torque converter was already on it's way out, it would certainly explain your issues. We have the same size tires and I want to say 75mph was 2k rpm in my truck, but I honestly don't drive it enough anymore to remember LOL. I'll take it to work sometime this week and check it.

Towed my 27' travel trailer again last weekend with it, gets it moving with ease. It's 6k dry, so loaded up it's over 7k.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yea i also find it hard to believe that one time smoked it. 6.4 flexplate and 5r going in tonight, will see what happens. It was a complete joke to get more than 5-6# to try and launch

Latest posts

Members online