Engine Temp Spike

VATech13

Reaction score
This is my first post, but I've been reading the 6.7 forums for quite a while. My truck is 2011 with 92,000 miles, mini max (with SPE Hot X), and a few more mods. The truck has been throwing the P2560 code randomly for about a month. I've been checking the coolant levels, and adding OEM coolant if the level is low. I'm thinking my mods would cause the coolant to run a little low, and I've not seen any leaks. Yesterday I started the truck, cold, went a mile down the road, and my engine temp pegged out. All of the readings on the mini showed that oil and coolant temps where around 168-170. I've read about ECT sensors, and I'm wondering if this could be my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Garrett

VATech13

Reaction score
Quick update. I just pulled it in the our shop, and the oil temp on the mini is jumping between 206 and 186. coolant temp is 84. The truck ran for 3 mins and went into reduced power mode.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Sounds like a sensor to me. What does your oil level look like? Is it making oil and getting over full if the truck is using coolant?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you are adding coolant then look under the truck on the top of the bellhousing.
My brothers 11 started leaking out of the line to the turbo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.