Ts 6pos chip

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
and please, for the love of man kind, get a 6637 filter so you dont *** up your compressor wheel...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Yourfnmother

Reaction score
I just installed this chip an hour ago, it works like a charm but i sure wish i woulda bought an intake first.......it threw a code due to my filter being clogged..... buying an intake today......2002 f350, any suggestions as to which make/model will work best?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I just installed this chip an hour ago, it works like a charm but i sure wish i woulda bought an intake first.......it threw a code due to my filter being clogged..... buying an intake today......2002 f350, any suggestions as to which make/model will work best?

I prefer and run the S&B intake myself. I ran the 6637 for a while and the noise got to be annoying. The filter is open to the elements as well, so after a couple rainy seasons I had a mold/mildew type substance on the filter.

Check out the S&B intake here...

http://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powers...0-excursion/s-b-intake-for-99-03-75-5062.html

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I have a question and figured I'd just add it to this thread. In a week or 2 I'm going to pull my travel trailer from NC out to San Jose CA. I'd rather go ahead with a php hydra chip but I've found a ts 6 chip with selector switch new for 150$. The extra fuel mileage should make it worth the investment. I would love to change to a t4 setup and s366 turbo but already having to get new stickers and try to straighten out the front suspension good enough for the trip. ( the axle swap will have to wait) I'm going to need something for my turbo. It surges,barks,shutters,farts and carries on when pulling and the last time I ran this chip it was horrible. Sounded like it was going to blow off the engine. What's the cheapest and most effective solution? Banks upgrade? Just a compressor wheel? Or should it be rebuilt? Who to go with?

cbf9703

Reaction score
I have a question and figured I'd just add it to this thread. In a week or 2 I'm going to pull my travel trailer from NC out to San Jose CA. I'd rather go ahead with a php hydra chip but I've found a ts 6 chip with selector switch new for 150$. The extra fuel mileage should make it worth the investment. I would love to change to a t4 setup and s366 turbo but already having to get new stickers and try to straighten out the front suspension good enough for the trip. ( the axle swap will have to wait) I'm going to need something for my turbo. It surges,barks,shutters,farts and carries on when pulling and the last time I ran this chip it was horrible. Sounded like it was going to blow off the engine. What's the cheapest and most effective solution? Banks upgrade? Just a compressor wheel? Or should it be rebuilt? Who to go with?
Honestly didn't read through all of this, but I had surge after my injectors and tunes.... went with a WW and it took care of most of it. Noticed it a couple times towing the toy hauler (roughly 10k loaded) passing people up Monteagle (several mile long 6%+ grade). LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dirtclod

Reaction score
The rebuild kits are fairly inexpensive from what I've saw and with a wheel upgrade(which seems to be the answer for surge) 200$ should cover it. is there a big difference in the factory upgrade wheels? Like barometer like or ww2 or h2e? Just wondering if it's worth it. Also I see the 360 upgrade rebuild kit. Price is pretty much same as factory rebuild

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I also see riffraff has a 38r conversion kit for 650$. About half price of a drop in 38r. Add100$ and a new 38r turbo. Anyone went this route?

79jasper

Reaction score
For drop in, seems the kc38r has all the rage right now.
Is your truck a obs or sd?
If rebuilding yours, definitely do a 360 upgrade.
I'm looking at a diy 66/88mm rebuild kit. Comes with the 360 bearing upgrade. We'll see how it works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I have a01 with 00 engine. All supporting mods. I'll call and order a 360 rebuild kit with a ww2 tomorrow. That should work fine for now.

Members online

No members online now.