What Do You Tow?

smcox1

Reaction score
My show cattle trailer
temporary_zpsrnrpnuzo.png

raybass

Reaction score
Forest River GSF273 New to me fifth wheel converted to gooseneck. More room finally! Unloaded combined weights are right at 14200.
1466198244629_zpsbp4a7lrw.jpg

dieseltron

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1466911944856.jpg first time using my gooseneck hitch. Tandem duals on a dump trailer that I later filled with a lot of wood. uploadfromtaptalk1466912277554.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Don't have a pic to post but I do have a question. I'm pulling my 35' pull behind avion fleetwood(@10k lbs empty) with my 01 250 cc/sb. I have weight distribution and 1 anti sway bar. Just put new tires on and hauled bout 60 miles today. I've got overload springs and the truck and trailer is level. But had to stay around 58 mph or it would fishtale all over the road. The tires are new and noticed before I pulled they were slick feeling and figured I would have a lil trouble but do you guys think I need 2 antisway bars? Would appreciate some input cause I'm fixin to head across country to Cali. Thanks

smcox1

Reaction score
Check the air pressure in your tires. But your big problem is a 10k 35' bumper pull and a ccsb that's a lot of tail and not much dog. Have you pulled this trailer before?

psduser1

Reaction score
Don't have a pic to post but I do have a question. I'm pulling my 35' pull behind avion fleetwood(@10k lbs empty) with my 01 250 cc/sb. I have weight distribution and 1 anti sway bar. Just put new tires on and hauled bout 60 miles today. I've got overload springs and the truck and trailer is level. But had to stay around 58 mph or it would fishtale all over the road. The tires are new and noticed before I pulled they were slick feeling and figured I would have a lil trouble but do you guys think I need 2 antisway bars? Would appreciate some input cause I'm fixin to head across country to Cali. Thanks

May need to put more weight on the bumper, realizing that you said "empty", which I assume you mean dry weight.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Yes I have. The last time I put new tires it was really bad. The hitch needed dropped down so I fixed that and the last time I pulled it was 2 months ago from Lafayette IN back to NC. I did pretty good. I could cruise around 70 with little issues. Just wondering if 2 sway bars would help. Thinking I'll get at least a new one from Reese anyways and see if it helps.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Good chance it's the new tires. I got some new tires on and the rear of the truck had a good amount of sway. Now that they're worn in a bit it sticks around corners again. If you're setup in the hitch is the same this time as it was last time with no issues and the only variable was the tires...

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I've put on new shocks and a new steering stabilizer since the last tow. I've read where if the trailer is over 28' or outweighs the truck 2 antisway bars are recommended. I'll post a pic of my setup tomorrow and see if someone sees something that needs changing.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
After reading about the friction anti sway bars I've saw where you're not supposed to back up until you release them. It's way too late for that. After I bought my trailer I went to the Rv dealer in Augusta GA and the guy showed me how to adjust the weight distribution but didn't tell me about not backing up with the sway bar. Neither did the guy I bought it from. I guess I should've done my own research so all in all its my fault. The Rv place down the road says they sale 2 different ones. No weight rating on these but one is 60$ the other is 200$. Wonder what's the difference?

smcox1

Reaction score
Yup you're not supposed to back up with them but in all honesty I don't see why you can't.

Latest posts

Members online