7.3 losing coolant

TyCorr

Reaction score
OK guys I will be ordering my parts monday. I don't have the money to pay a mechanic so I am going to try to do as much as I can myself. I have seen a couple videos on the net that's all I have to go by. I would like to flush the system or motor I guess seeing I will have a new radiator to install. Would anyone have ideas how to flush it being it will be apart? Or should I flush it out before taking it apart?

Maybe disconnect the radiator and run fresh water to clean out the heater core and engine. I want to go back with a good coolant and hopefully no future troubles.

Drain it. Fill it with water and let it run to mix and flush. Shut it off. Let it cool a bit. Drain. When the water stays clear add your flush. (Vc9 to go to elc). Follow the instructions. After you drain the flush, no more tap water. Distilled only.

Hell, i dont know. Youtube that ****.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Drain it. Fill it with water and let it run to mix and flush. Shut it off. Let it cool a bit. Drain. When the water stays clear add your flush. (Vc9 to go to elc). Follow the instructions. After you drain the flush, no more tap water. Distilled only.

Hell, i dont know. Youtube that ****.

OK man will do thanks again

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Will either of these coolants be good to run?

Attachments

• MLS-123764.jpg
    MLS-123764.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 550024730-2.jpg
    550024730-2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 35

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Would it be a bad idea to run my truck to flush the cooling system with a bad water pump?
Really just what's in engine and heater core as I'm replacing ever thing else. Just hate to tear something up or make matters worse. Thanks again

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score

Jomax

Reaction score
If you are installing a new rad and the pump is just leaking/making noise. I'd flush. Worse case is the pulley breaks taking out the fan and radiator.

But even if you flush with a new pump/radiator. I think you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
If you are installing a new rad and the pump is just leaking/making noise. I'd flush. Worse case is the pulley breaks taking out the fan and radiator.

But even if you flush with a new pump/radiator. I think you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will just flush when I put it back together I guess. Lots of distilled water then a good coolant.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Sorry for the crappie pic camera on this tablet sucks. Anyhow a pic of my radiator, I never realized how big this thing was. No wonder the trucks never run hot as long as things are keep up.

Attachments

• 20160701_205746.jpg
    20160701_205746.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Members online