BW S369?

04cr450

Reaction score
i cant see how upgrading to this steel 360 bearing will save a turbo..., something had to contribute this failure... otherwise all borgs with 360 bearings would be failing as well..

swinky

Reaction score
i cant see how upgrading to this steel 360 bearing will save a turbo..., something had to contribute this failure... otherwise all borgs with 360 bearings would be failing as well..
They are lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
not in 1k miles... lol
You know mine failed like 3k miles ago..... hasn't gotten worse so I'm letting it ride. Tons of shaft play and leaks pretty bad but the truck isn't smoking and it runs as strong as ever.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
You know mine failed like 3k miles ago..... hasn't gotten worse so I'm letting it ride. Tons of shaft play and leaks pretty bad but the truck isn't smoking and it runs as strong as ever.

Thats how the first 366 I put on my truck was. Tons of shaft play but no oil coming out and it ran like a mofo.

Reaction score
I hardly ever see turbos fail unless they are running extreme drive pressure. If you're running a bunch of fuel, gate that shizzzzzz!

TALLBOY

Reaction score
I should be good to go then with my Itty bitty 205's. .. here I go again worrying lol

Lol. Let's calm down. I have yet to find out the exact cause of failure. I'll be able to take the turbo off tomorrow and I'll no more then. Plus I'll send it off for an exact cause hopefully get it warrantied. But doubt it after hearing Indus. Injec. Also seemed like they were trying to pull a fast one on me and fully charge me for another turbo. That's Why I went to Barder like I should have to start with.

TALLBOY

Reaction score
In MY opinion though. I believe the tunes I run mixed with the ficm tuning I had just simply maxxed out my injectors drop my ICP horribly and Burnt the turbo up due to the fact I didn't have a gate. I Will not be using ficm tunes on any nonvgt turbos again. Like Jay said. They seem to work better with a vgt turbos

KCTurbos

Reaction score

There is more to the upgrade than just a steel bearing... the oiling ports are different which does help the turbo to last longer. We have been seeing a lot of the s366 and other larger s300 turbos not last as long as desired because the thrust bearing fails. The s300 thrust bearing is actually kinda small compared to other turbos. It is large in size... but the oiling port area that provides the support is pretty small.

TALLBOY

Reaction score
There is more to the upgrade than just a steel bearing... the oiling ports are different which does help the turbo to last longer. We have been seeing a lot of the s366 and other larger s300 turbos not last as long as desired because the thrust bearing fails. The s300 thrust bearing is actually kinda small compared to other turbos. It is large in size... but the oiling port area that provides the support is pretty small.

Well said, Charlie. And for those that haven't looked. I posted a picture of the 2 side by side. First 2 things that should catch the eye are surface area and oil passageways

TALLBOY

Reaction score
Found the failure. Lol.

Attachments

• 20151004_154742.jpg
    20151004_154742.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135

TALLBOY

Reaction score
their ya go. i guess bad seal instead of the bearing?

Well know way of really knowing that. Could a been a bearning that went out that caused the seal to go from movement. But I do recall the turbo smelling like it was burning the entire time it was on the truck. Just not sure the exact cause. However I do think it was just a bad turbo. My new one from Barder is on point so far im liking it way better than the first. Even sounds like a different turbo.