My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
fwiw my nitrous express super stacker with 250 solenoid :evil and no limit cold side kit should be here next week. so hopefully end of june i'll move the and make the top 25 highest hp powerstrokes list. shooting for 850 with dual fuelers and 60% nozzles on fuel and 1050 on spray. should be just enough to bump the truck under 11.00 in the 1/4

RSK

Reaction score
Headstuds showed up a few days ago, my nitrous kit and no limit piping has been here for a few weeks, just need an upper end gasket set, pistons and hd push rods and valve springs and the motor is getting torn down, 123,000 still works perfect, no issues, trans shifts great somehow, and it has been towing 10k 2-3 days a week about to move 18 yards of topsoil tomorrow for a lawn i have to do redo and hydro seed. Then another 8,000lbs in mulch next weekend. Can't wait to tow with the new turbos on it.

RSK

Reaction score
Also picked up a little toy about 3 weeks ago. 63 chevy II nova, has disk brakes already, subframe connectors posi unit in the rear, gm zz4 crate motor with a lunati cam and edelbrock 750cfm intake, electric fuel pump, roller rockers, full msd ignition, dougs headers, lake wood drag shocks front and rear, th350 trans with a b&m converter, and transpak, and a b&m slap shifter. Plans for it are to make the car the toy and the truck to be a 700hp tow pig on fuel and spray it to whatever i can. The car should go 9's by the fall, most likely going to turbo the car, but for now just spray it with nitrous and add some better heads.

31B4AD66-CD36-498C-86AC-4301994712D8_zps4sndnjda.jpg

9245A9E0-B5A2-41A1-AB1F-6186B42EFEEF_zpspepdsmyr.jpg

9234F5E1-B728-484A-83C9-8B1C6E8E1F04_zpscmkfol7d.png

I wanted a 2dr but couldn't find anything near me so i ended up with a 4dr. It will be daily driver. Right now its turn key and go except i can't go far because it the v6 radiator in it from 1963 the car only has 60,000 miles.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Same thing I'm running. Good combo. You will enjoy the power!

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
Same thing I'm running. Good combo. You will enjoy the power!

How is the roll off dumpster service going? Have you dynoed your truck yet? Or do you not care about what it makes.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Don't really care. Maybe one day. It's going. About have 85% of invest back

RSK

Reaction score
well my up pipes are blown out might have happened over the weekend might have happened yesterday not sure...don't care really. either way truck won't make over 19psi smells like exhaust in the cab with the windows up, so it's going under the knife, motor is getting torn down, hd coated pistons are going in, i decided against doing rods, as i've seen quite a few trucks from mpd laying down 1000hp every single weekend and being sled pulled with and drag raced and dirt drags done with. but i am doing everything else, head studs, 6.0/6.4 up pipes turbo's 6.0 manifolds, wastegate. i have everything except pistons, and hd valve springs/push rods and a few gaskets.

RSK

Reaction score
I know a guy who can turbo that nova 2 no problem for you, only a couple hours away ;-)

I was just in new york last night, delmont to be exact, 2hrs away its right near albany. picked up a 2003 3500 chevy van with a 6.0L in it from 2011 and it has a 4l80E which are getting taking out built and put into the nova with a precision turbo. I have a few guys locally that will make the headers, and ic piping for around 1000 including the piping and flanges, and oil lines, I just have to supply the turbo, wastegate and bov. I wish I could have Rob do the turbo setup but he's probably out of price range. I might give him a call once the motor is actually setup and in the car, hopefully by august. I have a few parts to buy for that still plus have to figure out which rear end i'm going to run.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
well trans finally quit in reverse anyways it slips very bad in reverse so we will call it toasted and i guess i'll drop it off this week or next to get built, then put the the other parts i have on shortly after and see if i can't get his truck into the 12.00 range

RSK

Reaction score
trans is almost done, ended up with gpz clutches, margaring input shaft, and didn't put a good converter in it yet, just a precision, hd rv/towing converter, so we will say the trans should hold up to 700hp on stock fuel.... my reason for not doing a good converter was because i'm not sure what i plan to do with the truck yet...and new electronics, it might be done tomorrow or next week, and I was all set on doing the aermet input shaft but sdp sold the last one the day before i could get there...the margaring input shaft is rated at 2500lb ft of torque, aeremet is 8% stronger which is 2700 so i think it should be fine on stock fuel...especially considering the stock one didn't break anyways.

RSK

Reaction score
got my truck back wednesday from the trans shop, and ended up doing gpz clutches, new solenoids, new drum for direct clutches because the old ones were welded to it. Shift kit, and some other things for the trans that im not familiar with, precision hd rv towing converter, which is rated about 100hp over a stock converter. so nothing crazy in the converter department yet. and I ended up with a margaring input shaft because my local vendor was sold out of aeremet's but the margaring is rated at 2500 lb ft of torque. the aeremet is rated at 2700...so i think i'm pretty safe on not breaking an input shaft im at only 1070 for torque anyways. i would need to more then double that torque to even think about breaking it....don't think much over 1500lb ft is possible on stock even with nitrous...

RSK

Reaction score
dropped my no limit piping off to get powder coated, trans is still doing fine, going down to rudys in a few days to get some more miles on it. hopefully have the piping back and on by then. decided to hold on adding anymore power to it for now since winter is coming and i need the truck for work, not even gonna bother swapping up pipes on because mine are both perfect still. if something breaks i'll fix it and put everything on the truck but until then i'm leaving it alone...might even pick up a second 6.4 in the spring time depending on how winter goes so i have 2 100% dedicated work trucks and my crew cab can get built or...build the regular cab 6.4 i have my eyes on if it doesn't sell and put all my parts on that truck and make mine the dedicated work truck.... idk yet we'll see either way if i buy it i'll have a dually rear end to play with and a 3rd 4wd truck,

RSK

Reaction score
well looks like i scored a marty's lp fuel system on here for a decent price so that will be added to the collection of parts and my no limit intercooler piping is done so i will pick that up monday morning, maybe even put it on...

Latest posts

Members online