Later MPH on 5TC lock up?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Dude.....it would so wake up this truck on the highway. When in tow/haul the truck comes alive but it won't come out of 4TC at highway speed and the down shifts are really harsh.

I'm toying with the idea of a SCT Livewire TS as apparently there are more parameters to mess with among other things :naughty:

Do not get rid of the H&S for a SCT LOL who's doing your tunes?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you know how Tow Haul locks out 4th gear? by setting the 5th gear shift point really high... if you just keep it to the wood, it will eventually shift into 5th

Nothing against GH, but I can't imagine why you wouldn't take a few minutes to download the single tune and try to modify it yourself just to see :eek:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I realize that your truck with 37's and 3.55's must have some crazy output VSS speed... it could be outside the parameters in the MCC firmwear

but the fact that raising the Tow Haul shift point to 90mph or whatever prevents it from shifting into 5th tells me that it's possible to make the truck hold the 5th gear shift higher than 65mph

my offer still stands

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I realize that your truck with 37's and 3.55's must have some crazy output VSS speed... it could be outside the parameters in the MCC firmwear

but the fact that raising the Tow Haul shift point to 90mph or whatever prevents it from shifting into 5th tells me that it's possible to make the truck hold the 5th gear shift higher than 65mph

my offer still stands
Exactly my point, I have two of the best tuners, IMO, looking into it and they can't see to get it to work.....but you are right, I do have some free time tonight, may crack open a beer and see what I find

ckrueg

Reaction score
I was able to get my shift points exactly how I want. Just changing the shift points isn't to hard. I have 35s and 3.55 gears. The mph in the mcc tables is about 70% of what the actual shift point is on my truck. I set it to shift into 5th at 55 but mcc says 40.

Last edited:

Red Ripper

Reaction score
I have the same setup but 3.73 gears and best tunes I have ran so far are byall style but GH tune run way cleaner it's all in how you use the skinny pedal

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.