Anyone have a write up on Rocker Arm replacement?

78f100

Reaction score
It's not a bad job at all, like already said getting to them is the worst part. There is a torque process you need to follow. You have to turn the crank dowl to the 10:30 position, look at cylinder 3 and 8, to see which intake valve is seeing lift. According to what stroke the engine is on you torque down 4 cylinders, then rotate the engine and adjust the remaining 4. I can't remember off top of my head what 4 cylinders go with what valve. If you can't find it pm me and I will email it to you.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
If number 3 intake shows lift tighten 1,2,7,8 To 45 ft/lbs with the upper/inboard bolt first. Then rotate the engine 360 degrees and then torque 3,4,5,6 using the same procedure.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
Buying an 08 that needs rocker arms pretty mechanically inclined so hope this job isn't to bad lol
its not a bad job at all honestly, back in the day when i first posted this I was iffy on it but once I dove in, was easy. now a days Im actually going all in and rebuilding 6.4's. kind of funny looking back on our rookie selves

Latest posts

Members online