S366 6 Blade VS 11 Blade Wheel?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So what's the difference? my S366 has a 6 blade right now, would I see any difference if I was to switch to a 11 blade wheel?

TIA

swinky

Reaction score
I switched from 11 blade billet to 6 blade cast and am enjoying my 6 blade very much.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

STROKINforPOWER

Reaction score
What is the difference you are seeing from the 11 to the 6 blade? I have an 11 on my 6.4 and I feel like it is not as responsive as several 6.0s I'm familiar with that have 6 blade 66's. Thinkin I want to ditch mine and go with the new 366 sxe

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
What is the difference you are seeing from the 11 to the 6 blade? I have an 11 on my 6.4 and I feel like it is not as responsive as several 6.0s I'm familiar with that have 6 blade 66's. Thinkin I want to ditch mine and go with the new 366 sxe

Tuning is huge on how responsive it will be too.

Exactly^^^^ for what they cost buy an sxe and be done with it

Yeah no doubt, a lot better than your standard box charger.

swinky

Reaction score
My 6 blade is worlds better than my billet wheel ever was. Borg has a lot of r&d in these wheels. Now if you buy a billet 6 blade with identical pitch as the cast wheel you might see a small improvement.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The main benefit to a Billet or FMW is toughness, it won't shatter like a cast wheel can. A cast wheel is more than likely lighter in weight but not as tough. So surging, turbo barking, over speeding and so on are better handled by a Billet or FMW than a cast wheel. However the Billet and FMW can come in a multitude of designs that can't be achieved with a cast wheel due to the manufacturing processes. You can do a lot of creative blade designs and pitches with a CNC, how effective they are depends. Some times they're better than a cast wheel, and some times they're worse than a cast wheel (*Cough, batmowheel, Cough*).

STROKINforPOWER

Reaction score
I got my new 66 sxe installed last night and all I can say is, WOW! What a night and day difference. Street ability has gone through the roof. I'm seeing between 10 to 15 pounds of boost now during regular street driving, compared to the old 366 with the 11 blade billet wheel, where I would only see about 3 to 6 pounds. Exhaust haze is almost completely gone now, and the top end is also way stronger than it ever was. I'm very pleased with this new charger

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I got my new 66 sxe installed last night and all I can say is, WOW! What a night and day difference. Street ability has gone through the roof. I'm seeing between 10 to 15 pounds of boost now during regular street driving, compared to the old 366 with the 11 blade billet wheel, where I would only see about 3 to 6 pounds. Exhaust haze is almost completely gone now, and the top end is also way stronger than it ever was. I'm very pleased with this new charger

What engine?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
6.4, stage one dynamic diesel cam, IH HD ceramic coated pistons, chromoly pushrods, built heads, studs, midwest single turbo kit, bd exhaust manifolds and up pipes, 30% nozzles, Warren comp plus trans...

How you like the BD manifolds going be getting a set in a few weeks for my truck with billet S366.

STROKINforPOWER

Reaction score
How you like the BD manifolds going be getting a set in a few weeks for my truck with billet S366.

Quality and fitment are very nice in my opinion. The manifolds are VERY THICK to combat warping and to hold the exhaust heat in for higher turbine drive efficiency, and the runners through the manifolds are much smoother than factory, and are not obstructed by casting lumps to make room for the manifold bolts like the factory ones are.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have the BD's too, awesome product and hard to beat the price for whats out there. A lot more flow than 6.0 manifolds and tons more than the crap 6.4 manifolds.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.