King Ranch two tone paint question

Louisiana23

Reaction score
Has anyone wrapped over the tan painted portion of the truck on the King Ranch? I've tossed around the idea of doing so. I'm just not very big on the black/tan paint scheme. I have seen the fender trim removed and it does seem more appealing to me... Any suggestions?

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
I did rockers on my blue and silver two tone truck a few years ago. I went with black 3m vinyl and it worked great. It takes several hours and a lot of patience but the look was worth it. My .02 though, take the rear bumper off and paint the area behind it before you start the wrap. 3m General adhesive remover works great for the double sided adhesive that holds the factory fender flares to the body as well. When you wrap the doors, do one door at a time leaving enough material to wrap around the edge. If you lay it out as one piece and just cut the gap the old color shows through at the edge. I did mine twice because I 4 wheeled with it a lot and chewed up the vinyl. One more plus, it protects the rockers if you are worried about resale. I have pictures somewhere of you decide you want them

Latest posts