What Do You Tow?

JD3020

Reaction score
I wish it had 4.30's! It has 4.88's. But yeah theres a HUGE difference in braking. Only thing it lacks is power, and an auto trans. I love my OBS because i can put my foot down and go as fast as i want to, but that may also be the reason why i broke my input shaft. LOL

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I wish it had 4.30's! It has 4.88's. But yeah theres a HUGE difference in braking. Only thing it lacks is power, and an auto trans. I love my OBS because i can put my foot down and go as fast as i want to, but that may also be the reason why i broke my input shaft. LOL

That's rough, didn't know they put 4.88's in the 450's. I'd be looking for some taller traction tires. LOL

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
IMG_20141108_161613_zpsyp7zi7vr.jpg

JD3020

Reaction score
That's rough, didn't know they put 4.88's in the 450's. I'd be looking for some taller traction tires. LOL

4.88's were the standard ratio. I'd like to find a rear-end with 4.30's in it, or eventually find an entire 05+ 4wd swap with 4.30's. With this POS ZF6 it seems like i'm constantly banging through the gears, gets really annoying driving in stop & go traffic.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
4.88's were the standard ratio. I'd like to find a rear-end with 4.30's in it, or eventually find an entire 05+ 4wd swap with 4.30's. With this POS ZF6 it seems like i'm constantly banging through the gears, gets really annoying driving in stop & go traffic.

They just love the highway don't they LOL

JD3020

Reaction score
I actually haven't had it on the highway yet, and i'm not looking forward to it. We keep talking about taking it on our snowmobile trips this winter since its a 4 door and has tons of room on the bed to haul our gear or another sled and pull our 24ft enclosed with no problem. But the whole 2100rpm's at 50mph would make the 1k mile round trip a bit unbearable. Especially when we usually cruise 80mph on the highway. LOL

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I actually haven't had it on the highway yet, and i'm not looking forward to it. We keep talking about taking it on our snowmobile trips this winter since its a 4 door and has tons of room on the bed to haul our gear or another sled and pull our 24ft enclosed with no problem. But the whole 2100rpm's at 50mph would make the 1k mile round trip a bit unbearable. Especially when we usually cruise 80mph on the highway. LOL

It's not very fun. I'd be more worried about hitting a snowstorm with the 2wd and a trailer than the RPM's. But it does make for a slow trip

PDT1081

Reaction score

Just because it has 6 gears, doesn't mean you have to use all of them every time.

JD3020

Reaction score
Just because it has 6 gears, doesn't mean you have to use all of them every time.

In this 450 you do. It doesn't have much low end power(engine has some issues), so you have to wind it out when skipping gears so it doesn't lug. So instead of that i just work my way through all 5. I do have to skip 1st gear as the synchro's are out, and i gotta say the jump from low to 2nd is pretty decent. LOL Makes it interesting when starting on a hill.

Ross3031

Reaction score
IMG_20141030_073402.jpg

IMG_20141030_073311.jpg

To the guys who were wondering, yes this WAS my truck, i (along with a lot of help from others) built it. I actually just sold it this morning.

It's a 1995 F800 that started as a white 20ft box truck. First we shortened it, then reprinted the entire under carriage. Then basically the entire truck was over hauled. The motor is a 12v Cummins that was pulled and completely rebuilt. It was put back together with 50hp injectors, head studs, 60lb valve springs, #10 fuel plate, 4k gov springs, raptor lift pump, air dog, and the by far the best mod, Twin Turbos!!! The thing runs awesome and will pull anything without getting hot what so ever.

Then the interior was attacked, all custom. Bucket seats, carpet, headliner, painted panels and dash, lightening, radio/speakers, etc...

Next the cab was painted, Torreador red (Superduty color), Everything else was blacked out. Bumper, grille, trims, bezels, brackets, etc...

Finished it all off with a brand new flatbed with all LED's, custom made fuel tank toolbox combo, and custom exhuast exiting through dual 7" stacks. Oh, and can't forget the 445/50 front super singles that pull the whole thing together.

It hurt to see it go but sometimes life kicks ya in the ass and you gotta do what you gotta do...

smcox1

Reaction score
IMG_20141030_073402.jpg

IMG_20141030_073311.jpg

To the guys who were wondering, yes this WAS my truck, i (along with a lot of help from others) built it. I actually just sold it this morning.

It's a 1995 F800 that started as a white 20ft box truck. First we shortened it, then reprinted the entire under carriage. Then basically the entire truck was over hauled. The motor is a 12v Cummins that was pulled and completely rebuilt. It was put back together with 50hp injectors, head studs, 60lb valve springs, #10 fuel plate, 4k gov springs, raptor lift pump, air dog, and the by far the best mod, Twin Turbos!!! The thing runs awesome and will pull anything without getting hot what so ever.

Then the interior was attacked, all custom. Bucket seats, carpet, headliner, painted panels and dash, lightening, radio/speakers, etc...

Next the cab was painted, Torreador red (Superduty color), Everything else was blacked out. Bumper, grille, trims, bezels, brackets, etc...

Finished it all off with a brand new flatbed with all LED's, custom made fuel tank toolbox combo, and custom exhuast exiting through dual 7" stacks. Oh, and can't forget the 445/50 front super singles that pull the whole thing together.

It hurt to see it go but sometimes life kicks ya in the ass and you gotta do what you gotta do...

This thing is bad ass!

smcox1

Reaction score
They look great! The only thing that had me questioning if they were real rims is the center cap in the middle of the 10 lugs.

Members online

No members online now.