Injector issue??

Stroked777

Reaction score
To update this. The truck is supposed to go to second wind performance firday, I stop there a few mins ago to talk to the owner, and he barely listened to the symptoms I told him it was having, you know to help him figure out the issue, and he just kept saying its gunna need a short block. So I called hallers and talked to Jim, he said they can get to it this week, but I have no time to drive it down besides the weekend, so he said they can look at it as soon s it gets there, and talking to him, he was very nice and listened and wasn't trying to sell me a short block. So I will be bringing it down to hallers this weekend and have them fix it seeing that they were highly recommened by jared from RCD. I'm not looking forward to driving it that far but today talking to the owner of second wind left a bad taste in my mouth, seemed like he was trying to sell me a short block to make a buck

Stroked777

Reaction score
I don't know anyone that can trailer it for me and I don't have much money as my fiancés isn't working and will be going to school soon

Strokersace

Reaction score
I think lilredstroker on here is from Casper. Maybe he can help. Just hate for you to do more damage driving it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
I don't know anyone that can trailer it for me and I don't have much money as my fiancés isn't working and will be going to school soon

Stroked777

Reaction score
Another little update. Talked to jim today from hallers, he convinced me on getting a drop in atmo, was gunna go the single route but after moving here to wyoming and being at 5200 ft above sea level I will keep the compounds, wasn't worried about a single back home at only 200ft. Only thing that will keep me from getting the drop in is if there is something else wrong other than lifters and I can't budget in the 72 drop in

dsberman94

Reaction score
Sounds like it made it to haller's shop. Which is good if it's true. Sounds like things may just be looking up for you. Keep us informed on what they find.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well amazingly my truck made the 180 miles trip down to hallers. Any it didn't run any worse on the way down. Big sign of relief that it's at a shop.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Truck hit 116,500 on the way in to Cheyenne. Maybe the cam and 120# valve springs have something to do with it. I know those add stress to the valve train. Only thing not upgraded in the valve train is the lifters

Stroked777

Reaction score
Talked to Jim today, said they diagnosed that number 5 cylinder has no compression due to the intake valve not opening. So right now I'm looking at either a bad lifter or the intake cam lobe was wiped out. But it ran good the four day trip and all of the sudden ran like crap so I don't think a cam lobe could have be wiped out in the few seconds it took to run like crap. So as long as it's just the lifter thats bad I will have them replace them all and I should still have money for a 72mm turbo from River city diesel. If the cam is shot then I will be getting a new stage one cam from RCD and not be able to get a core charge back. So I have my fingers crossed so I can get that 72 lol

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Glad you got it down there without any issues. No matter what the outcome, atleast you know it's in good hands and don't have to worry about it being fixed correctly! Keep us updated!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.