How much is to much? (Blow by)

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Looking at 7.3s right now. I have had a few in my day but never any with noticeable blow by. So when I pop that oil cap off at what point should I be scared on a 7.3 with 250k miles?

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I'm looking at OBS & NBS 7.3s if that matters. I will do the basics to the truck. Intake tuner and exhaust and transmission work. Most likely going with a standard 4x4.

79jasper

Reaction score
Generally, take the cap off, flip it upside down and set it on the spout, if it blows it off, it's too much.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
If you have something to add, then do it.
Mine doesn't have the valve cover extension tube, and it'd just rattle it off anyways.

And I'm not berman, dammit!

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
I'm just saying I agree with you.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Another question. I'm looking at a e99 F350. Guy says he has swapped out the plenums, bellows, pedestal and all out to late 99 elbow left the e99 turbo on. Is this possible?

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Another question. I'm looking at a e99 F350. Guy says he has swapped out the plenums, bellows, pedestal and all out to late 99 elbow left the e99 turbo on. Is this possible?

I think the pedestal is diffrent. I have both early and late trucks and when I ordered turbo parts they emphasized the difference never really looked at them side by side though.

My late mod 7.3 has almost 400k on it now and is a 2.5 ton mud truck that just doesn't die. Rebuilt the top end with studs comp springs valves 200 injectors and hpop. Beat the hell out of it and the bottom end still manages to stay together.

7.3s just blow my mind :ford:

ghohouston

Reaction score

No not possible. The late up pipes and pedestal sit too high for an e99 turbo to work

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Good video. I got a decent deal on a e99 with 20k on the motor and all the basic upgrades. Everything is late 99 except the turbo. I'm pretty happy with it.

RattlinFord

Reaction score
I just did this test on my e99 with 263k miles. It must still be pretty tight because there was no noticeable blow by. Yes, I know it has some, all engines do, but it definitely isn't abnormal. My oil cap would stay if it didn't rattle off.

Latest posts

Members online