Going to try this out.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
The way I made the adaption to the v band was by machining the 6.0 manifold to accept a 2" stainless tube and then welding the tube to the manifold. There is about an inch of tube inside the manifold and the fit is rather tight. The manifolds have been on the truck for almost a year to date and have been to 1600 degrees at 80psi several dozen times so if they were going to crack I think they would have by now. The only reason I removed this one was I noticed the soot around the flange.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick - just asking. Not worried the drunk mig welds may crack after heat cycles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry I didn't take your response as being a dick. It's just after my RCD manifolds warped I just wanted to get the truck back together as inexpensive as possible so after spending $30 on the manifolds and $70 on the v band kits I think it turned out nice. Btw it only took 25 min to get that manifold off.

superpsd

Reaction score
I've welded flanges onto cast iron manifolds many times and never had an issue. I super clean the welding area of Rust and contamination and torch them hot and them burn them in. Never had a joint crack.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Popped a head gasket last night being dumb so time for round two. It only leaks on the top end of my big tune so I will limp it along for a while until I can get my hands on some rods and pistons. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I also got a check air filter message which I have never seen before. The filter is clean so it must have been a perfect night since traction was an issue up until 70mph.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Head gaskets are still blown but seem to hold until 40psi. I am still dd'ing the truck until I can find some time to tear it apart and do a full build on the engine.

Latest posts

Members online