CNC Head Porting

krasselt21

Reaction score
Just looking to see if any shops do this and what the cost would be, would like to put bigger valves and get the heads cnc ported this winter on the 6.4 pull truck

Black AOD

Reaction score
Elite does and I would guess has done the most work on them.... Midwest Diesel does a fair amount as well. Side action Does them. D&J precision is doing them. Tons of shops do. Any reputable machine Shop will honestly do it for you for the $$$. If you're looking at bigger valves you can do them but if you want the biggest valves possible you are limited by the size of your bore on your pistons/cylinders depending on what that is.

Typically head porting is $500-$800 for hand porting, CNC porting is typically well over $1000+, I know D&J charges $1500 to do them. Oversized valves im not sure as that involves new valve seats and a valve job so that will probably depend on the shop you use.

The main Problem is 6.4 head castings are inconsistent and usually thin and if you're not careful you'll punch through the casting walls and into the water jackets.

People are doing 1000+ HP on stock 6.4 heads....myself personally I'm making almost 900 on fuel on a stock port head. A lot of people would rather leave them alone and just use nitrous to make the power rather than risk ruining a set of heads because the port job went bad.

Last edited:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I have a set of cnc elite heads and there is still a good amount of meat left on the bone porting wise so anyone who can do a good job hand porting I would go that direction, will dyno the truck the 23rd and can give you feedback on power but it will be up there

Latest posts

Members online