1971 C-20 Cummins swap

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
nice project. is it a c20 or k20?
You box the frame at all?

I had a 71 I was planning on doing this exact thing with. But no time to ever get to it so I sold her.
Thanks man!

It came out of the factory as a C-20 camper special. I've converted it to a K-20. It's really hard to find a nice original truck in MI. So I settled for a clean 2wd. Cheaper to convert it to a 4wd than to do body work, esp since all the factory drive train was getting upgraded. And yes I plan on boxing the frame in before it's all said and done.

corsoauto

Reaction score
yeah mine was a c10 that had been converted to k10. planned on boxing the full frame. I sold it cheap because I have too many projects ahead of it and no room.

was a very clean body. not a drop of rust.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
yeah mine was a c10 that had been converted to k10. planned on boxing the full frame. I sold it cheap because I have too many projects ahead of it and no room.

was a very clean body. not a drop of rust.

I have too many projects also but im so far in this one I have to get it done! mine is the same way clean as hell.

corsoauto

Reaction score
yeah Hard to find real clean ones. Ive seen a lot of junk. Im the same way with my projects but farther along on all my other projects. So this one had to go to make room. There's always another one anyways. Plus I basically got the truck for free.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Right now its been at a stand still. I work 50 he's a week at my full time job and another 20-30hrs a week part time for my dads excavating business. I have his 08 6.4L scattered across the shop and just finished replacing a weak oil pump in our big excavator. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have some progress to post up. Dad just has to stop breaking sh*t and saying here fix this.... And thanks man I've tried to make it the nicest I can.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
28dc99d275e6d094bd391c86a2d0fe2f.jpg

7ce1b04977a096e342b947cae2a6c2e1.jpg

e10078f551f85d9147ee41efe32816b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Dropped the trucks new chassis off at the Hotrod/ chassis shop tonight. They are going to cut 14" out of the wheel base to bring it down to the needed 127" for the '71's body to line up with the axles. Guy said that he was going to probably start on it tomorrow and get done in the little down time he had between two projects he had going on.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Lol sounds like my friends!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Haha yep same around my shop as well. And they are relentless if i mess something up. Like i was adding rear diff fluid one time and the spout shot off and i dumped about half a quart on the ground and it shot in my face...you can imagine the amount of jokes i have received.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

F

Floorboard79

how are you liking the P24? I tried everything with plastic cummins blue clamps and metal/rubber clamps and it seems to keep cracking lines every 6 months or so

Love the truck, i had a 70 2wd with 6 cyl and 3 on column that was same color in high school

jlbayes

Reaction score
He isn't liking anything about it as it hasn't ever been run. What size lines and material?

F

Floorboard79

The CPP lines bent by someone else i cant remember now, mild steel in .078
Dont buy **** from CPP.

jlbayes

Reaction score
Jps diesel bends those. And trust me I will never buy anything from that snake.

F

Floorboard79

they aint worth a damn thats for sure. I guess snakes run together in the diesel biz.

i have heard schied lines hold up ok, but still reports of cracking, seems to be best would be to bend up a set of vp lines to work, their ends are much better quality than even the shied lines

Latest posts

Members online